Clear All

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
    Wow.

600,000 at $20 is 12million for that night

Or

600,000 at $100 is $60million for that night

Mixed.

Every week, day, month, new buyers
    The article didn't say there were 600k new buyers, but 600k concurrent stream, meaning 600k watched it but they may have already had the service.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      How much was it to watch it on Skysport mate?
      As much as your family’s food stamps

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        The article didn't say there were 600k new buyers, but 600k concurrent stream, meaning 600k watched it but they may have already had the service.
        “May have”

Comment

Comments Thread For: DAZN: Canelo-Jacobs Fight Watched By 1.2 Million Worldwide

DAZN doesn't divulge its subscription numbers, but the emerging streaming service deemed the Canelo Alvarez-Daniel Jacobs fight a success Wednesday as best it could. A press release issued Wednesday afternoon by DAZN revealed that more than 1.2 million viewers watched the Alvarez-Jacobs bout live Saturday night from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. That figure includes subscribers from the eight markets in which DAZN is available the United States, Austria, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain and Switzerland.
          [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            Of course its low. Imagine how many subscribers they would have without Canelo. Its a process though, a lot what DAZN is doing is building brand recognition since's they've only been in the US less than a year.
            Sure, but just saying they only had 300k heading into the fight? Still would expect more than that. I mean you had people like Evan Rutkowski who said that DAZN was hoping to reach a million subscribers after the Canelo fight. If only 600k watched it, then that is hard to believe unless a whole bunch of people have it for the MLB show and didn't care for the fight.

Comment

This is canelo we’re talking about these are horrible numbers for him stop trying to play it off like it ain’t

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Yeah that is the key. If they only sold 240k subs before this then they are in real trouble. That is what I was saying to bigdunny1. when the article indicated "Approaching 1 million" .

I know my boy whose house where I watched the fight canceled it the next morning because it kept glitching (although he is a casual boxing fan).
                Well, if like pillowfists98 said 80-90% of the DAZN subscribers tuned in for the fight, then 80% of 300k is 240k. That's how I got to that number. Obviously that is just a guess.

But thinking about it, that may be accurate. They may have only had 300-400k subscribers heading into the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                  Over a million worldwide is good. I'd also be interested to know what percent of the US DAZN subscribers watched the fight. Must be around 80 or 90% right?
                  I'd guess it'd be high. While they got Bellator & other sh^t on DAZN USA this fight was mainstream enough that I bet a solid % of people who brought DAZN for MMA or cricket might still check out this specific fight.

And the cool thing with this sorta service is that live views don't mean as much cuz people who missed it will watch it in the future cuz they missed it or post-subbing to DAZN initially.

Measuring viewership is gonna need to be re-worked to take non-live views eventually with streaming becoming the standard at some future date.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                    As much as your family’s food stamps
                    That's out of order mate not gentlemanly like at all btw do you lot call it food stamps as well?

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Well, if like pillowfists98 said 80-90% of the DAZN subscribers tuned in for the fight, then 80% of 300k is 240k. That's how I got to that number. Obviously that is just a guess.

But thinking about it, that may be accurate. They may have only had 300-400k subscribers heading into the fight.
                      The other thing is the concurrent streams may also include bars/restaurants.

Is AJ really going to move units in the US like this? I'm sure he will boost sales in other countries.

Canelo being on free TV in Mexico is going to cut out a huge number of potential subscribers that aren't buying the service for MMA or MLB.

Comment

Working...
                      X