Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did fans give Martinez and Sturm a pass for Ducking GGG since 2011?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did fans give Martinez and Sturm a pass for Ducking GGG since 2011?

Ever since GGG went in to the Middleweight scene in 2010 when he got the WBC middleweight, he was calling out Sergio Martinez and Felix Sturm from then on, while they just ignored him for the reasons why of "Not good enough with the best" That reason went on for Sergio all the way to his retirement when he took a beating against Miguel Cotto. And then Sturm who got beat by a so called "Bum" in the former unified champ in Daniel Geale.

I don't know why we keep on hailing these duckers which I've seen in the forum back in 2012, and then hailing Sergio when he retired when he never cleaned 160, he was ducking the top dogs to retirement.

People excuse everyone who ducks Golovkin by either pretending they didn't duck Golovkin or saying "Golovkin isn't a big enough star to fight them." Which is of course ridiculous since Martinez and Sturm and everyone else that ducks him has no problem fighting no names.

I like Sergio, but he and DiBella were disgraceful about ducking Golovkin towards the end. And of course Sturm straight up did everything possible to duck him.

Comment

Sergio was shoot and wanted to cash out on Cotto,no sens to fight GGG for much less money with hurt leg,Sturm wwas ducking doe and i dont see anybody saying otherwise

Comment

because Golovkin was a nobody back then...still, they ducked him..but Sturm and Maravilla got their carrers and were known fighters....cant blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
          because Golovkin was a nobody back then...still, they ducked him..but Sturm and Maravilla got their carrers and were known fighters....cant blame them.
          Sturm and Martinez were always fighting worse nobodies than Golovkin. That has nothing to do with why they ducked him. They ducked him because he posed too big a risk.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Sturm and Martinez were always fighting worse nobodies than Golovkin. That has nothing to do with why they ducked him. They ducked him because he posed too big a risk.
            Its true doe,he was nobody,Most trolls on this forum didnt know who GGG is in 2011 so they couldnt not give them pass.

Comment

Everyone acknowledges that Sturm ducked the crap out of him and he hasn't been regarded as relevant for quite some time.

As for Martinez-- Well, the Golovkin detractors won't admit that his team didn't want the fight because they're obsessed with making Golovkin look bad. Then there's a multitude of posters who are too physically attracted to Martinez to admit such a thing.

Comment

I think no one gave Sturm a pass for it. Everyone knows he sucks, and he won't be remembered for anything positive.

I think people give a pass on Sergio because Sergio himself had been ducked on his prime and he deserved the retirement cashout.

Comment

Working...
                X