Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Kovalev get a pass and not Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
    It may be because doesn't lie,and say that he was hit on purpose. Kovalev admitted after the first Pascal fight that he was hit too much,and even hired a new coach to work on his defense.
    Golovkin didn't say any of that after Brook. He said he wanted a street fight and that's what it is according to him. You didn't hear him saying he let Brook hit him, he even said it wasn't a "world class performance, it was street fight". In the past against Monroe he said he tried to get Willie to open up more by inviting him in.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      right... that's why he fought Brook...and because he's supposed to get all the belts at 160. dude, stop trolling man. go watch golfers complain about which clubs they should acquire for said tournament.
      He should of fought Lara but him moving to 168 would be a bad move, no doubt. you lost me at the golf thing

Comment

What does head gear have to do with getting knocked down? if you ask me punches hurt just as much with head gear as without it.
        Head gear gives you a false sense of security if you ask me. You don't worry about getting cut or head butted. Head gear can make you lazy too.
        Sparring isn't fighting, you work on things while sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
          He should of fought Lara but him moving to 168 would be a bad move, no doubt. you lost me at the golf thing
          clubs = belts...

dem was jokes.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
            Kovalev gets hit plenty of times, he has many defensive flaws, the same as GGG. The GGG-Brook fight was actually similar to Kovalev-Pascal fight, in a sense that the smaller boxer was hitting the stronger opponent with good punches but was in the end overwhelmed. Both GGG and Kovalev make up for their lack of defense with a great chin and amazing offense. But posters on here quick to diminish GGGs skills but have no problem with Kov doing the same thing, and they praise Kov. Also both dont have the best resumes, and Golovkin probably has a better chin p4p.
            I don't think GGG and Kovalev have bad defenses. They have both shown they won't get hit much when it counts against a dangerous opponent. How often did Kov get hit against Hopkins? How many traps did he fall into there? GGG fought Lemieux and Stevens just fine, never getting tagged with anything. They just know that when their opponent can't hurt them, they need to roll over them. This is not new thinking. Most punchers back in previous eras did this. They don't teach that today and this is why punchers end up in closer fights, get screwed on decisions and don't get the KOs they often should. The crowds also don't get blazing fights like last night's fight. Most trainers would tell Golovkin to hold back and be more defensive. Who knows? Abel probably did, but GGG went ahead and got business taken care of. He wasn't going to the cards in England and I don't blame him. Golovkin may have the better chin pound for pound.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              The sad thing is that the TS is dead ass serious.

GGG got the job done but was fighting pretty closely, arguably losing, w/ a big underdog who was much smaller than him (I haven't seen the full fight yet). Kovalev hasn't really shown that much vulnerability.
              Apart from his SD win over Boone when he was dropped and also when he was dropped by D level Blake Caparello.

Can't take much from that Boone SD though to be fair. He must one of the the most dangerous gatekeeper/journeymen kind of fighter ever.

I'm a big Kovalev fan by the way, but he's shown more vulnerabilities than GGG. I really believe Kovalev can be hurt a bit easier too.
              Last edited by deathofaclown; 09-11-2016, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Golovkin didn't say any of that after Brook. He said he wanted a street fight and that's what it is according to him. You didn't hear him saying he let Brook hit him, he even said it wasn't a "world class performance, it was street fight". In the past against Monroe he said he tried to get Willie to open up more by inviting him in.
                Many other Golovkin fans have proposed that theory today, so I just assumed you were among the flock.

Comment

Because Golovkin was a threat to Floyd and Ward, so he must be put down.

As Kovalev becomes bigger threat and they start talking about each other, you'll see more and more people question Kovalev's skills and resume.

Comment

Working...
                  X