Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxrec has Cotto vs Alvarez for 11/7 in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wasn't there an article here on sat where cottos advisor says nov 7 is out of the running? and an article here yesterday "the cotto-canelo is reportedly heading to the mandalay bay in las vegas on November 21 and on hbo ppv"

Comment

Sometimes I get tired of Las Vegas being the de facto venue for fights, does get repetitive.

But this is a fight that has to happen in Vegas. Neutral turf, on PPV, 12,000 capacity and the Mandalay Bay is an amazing hotel as well.

Comment

Haven't we learned by now that Boxrec is extremely unreliable?

They're notorious for getting things wrong and there were recent articles saying that Nov 7th was out of the question because it wasn't in HBO's best interest.

Comment

2 second rate spanich dudes fighting for catchweight supremacy lmao,

Comment

Sign me up to Team Canelo for this one. Hyped for it if this really is when its happening.

Comment

Doesn't it make more sense either in Texas or in NY? Or maybe even in LA. I know that usualy the big fight in Las Vegas but as far as I know the most Rican in America live on the East coast, NY etc... and the most Mexican-American are in the border states like Cali, New-Mexico or Texas...

Whatever, I guess they will fill the arena either way.

Comment

Cotto gon take knees you better belive it

Comment

boxrec means **** cotto wont take this fight hes a *****yyyyyy

Comment

Now boxrec has it 11/21 @ Mandalay bay!

Hell yea!

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
                      I believe that. It was always gonna be in Vegas, I think everyone knew this.

EDIT: Actually, didn't HBO have a qualm with Nov 7 overlapping with a college football game or something? I forget the story.
                      it says: 2015-11-21

Comment

Working...
                      X