No announcement yet.

Can Kovalev be p4p #1 in the future?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Kovalev be p4p #1 in the future?

This guy is brutal, I rate him more than GGG. When Floyd and Pac hang em up do you think he can become the mythical p4p king?
    Yes
    60.00%
    No
    26.67%
    Maybe
    6.67%
    I don't know
    0.00%
    Can you repeat the question?
    6.67%
    You're not the boss of me now
    0.00%

perhaps...

in a few years, he can have Hopkins, Pascal, Ward, Stevenson all as wins on his resume

Comment

if he beats andre ward, maybe.

Comment

A ward win doesnt do much ..

Ward hasnt won a big fight in almost 4 years .unless he beats mayorga.lmao

Ward at this point is pathetic.he needs to beat froch in a rematch in england since froch is the A side and he needs a quality win at 175.

Ward would get molley whopped by kovalev.. he has nothing for kovalev to fear. Ez work for krusher

Comment

If he keeps fighting 4 times a year he'll be in a good position.

Comment

Possibly. If he beat Ward you could envisage a scenario where he'd be the top candidate, especially in a post Pacquiao/Mayweather boxing world.

Comment

I think a lot depends on how his division develops. If a few the up and comers really make a name for them selves, and he beats them, and he can get already established guys like Stevenson or Ward in the ring, and beat them too, then he has a great chance.

I hold out hope Rigo will get a chance to clear out 122 and maybe he could then get up to 126 and pitch his case for the p4p no.1 spot.

Comment

I voted yes. Pound for pound has no set rules and is based 100% on personal opinion. If someone thinks Kovalev is #1 pfp them to them he is #1 and they don't need anybody's permission to make him #1. I think he is in the top 5 with GGG, Rigo, Mayweather and Pacquiao in no particular order.

Comment

Absolutely! Beat Stevenson Puts him Top 3 IMO! Beating Ward when he does move up gets him #1

Or even without Ward if he beats Stevenson in a dominating fashion that leaps him above Ward Status!

Comment

Sure. If GGG retires.

Comment

Working...
                    X