Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Keith Thurman pass the Maidana Test?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Keith Thurman pass the Maidana Test?

Marcos Maidana has already beat down two massively hyped guys in Victor Ortiz and Adrian Broner, does Keith Thurman get added to the list? Does Marcos go 3-0 against hype jobs and birth a third son or does One-Time prove to be the real deal and passes the Maidana test?
    Yes he does.
    40.48%
    No, Maidana pays more child support for getting a third son.
    59.52%
    Last edited by _original_; 12-14-2014, 04:07 PM.

This fight looks likely to happen.

Unless Maidana knocks Thurman out with one shot, I can't see him winning. Even if Maidana hurts him, Thurman is going to be on the move and very hard to finish off.

I got Thurman outboxing Maidana, dropping him once or twice and stopping him late, maybe with a body shot.

Comment

El Chino adds Thurman to his Daddy Daycare stable, .

I don't think Thurman hits much harder than Victor Ortiz or Adrien Broner and he doesn't box as well as Amir Khan or Floyd Mayweather, so he won't bring anything that Maidana hasn't seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
        This fight looks likely to happen.

Unless Maidana knocks Thurman out with one shot, I can't see him winning. Even if Maidana hurts him, Thurman is going to be on the move and very hard to finish off.

I got Thurman outboxing Maidana, dropping him once or twice and stopping him late, maybe with a body shot.
        I got Thurman as well, but Maidana's power and relentless style could be the difference. Still, I think Thurman gets the job done by winning a hard fought UD by boxing on the outside.

Comment

Brook, Maidana, Garcia, Thurman

Either fights would be great match ups, id perfer Garcia vs Maidana, Thurman vs Brook

Comment

It's probable.

Maidana wasn't ringside scouting Khan or Alexander...

he was scouting Thurman and I doubt he was impressed. He may be motivated to take that fight now and put in another hard training camp which will enable him to adopt Thurman into his family.

Comment

Originally posted by VAGAB0ND View Post
              El Chino adds Thurman to his Daddy Daycare stable, .

I don't think Thurman hits much harder than Victor Ortiz or Adrien Broner and he doesn't box as well as Amir Khan or Floyd Mayweather, so he won't bring anything that Maidana hasn't seen.
              Gonna have to disagree about not hitting harder than Broner, carnal. Thurman definitely hits harder than Broner at 147 and harder if not equal to that strong ass version of Ortiz. He's also more skilled than both IMO. It's an intriguing fight though because Maidana is well, he's Marcos fucking Maidana! Hope this fight happens.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                I got Thurman as well, but Maidana's power and relentless style could be the difference. Still, I think Thurman gets the job done by winning a hard fought UD by boxing on the outside.
                I don't think Maidana can afford to be as aggressive/relentless against Thurman as he was against Floyd and Broner, if he's not a bit cautious he could walk into something big

Comment

That will be a very interesting fight Thurman likes to box but I don't know if he can keep a guy like Maidana at bay with his boxing. So that is a real big test.

Comment

i dont know if im seeing things or thurman is actually vulnerable when he throws combos.. his defense looks sloppy to me, i think maidana could catch him with some exchanges/awkward shots when thurmans sloppy. but id still pick thurman to win by pointss.

Comment

Working...
                    X