No announcement yet.

Riots in Sweden!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    It hasn't been made clear to me yet why the riots are happening. I've skimmed through several sources and I still can't gather anything. I doubt it relates to Trump's comments.

But in the bigger picture
    http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/ett...ll-flyktingar/
    According to an analysis done by the Swedish Dagens Nyheter, 1% of crime in Sweden can be linked to refugees

This is an urgent matter guys, a 1% reduction in crime is serious business... lol. Not a surprise to me that people look for things to confirm pre-existing biases about immigrants though. Any crime involving immigrants gets blown up as though it means immigrants are especially dangerous, but crimes by Swedes are irrelevant and not indicative of any issues amongst the Swedish people.
    Sweden is notorious for covering up migrant crimes.

Comment

Guys stop whatever you're doing, Sweden is experiencing a serious crime crisis

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
        Sweden is notorious for covering up migrant crimes.
        To what purpose would that serve? Who knowingly wants more crime in their country?

Comment

1% of crime in Sweden can be linked to refugees
          is an obvious lie. you'd have to be complete idiot to believe that. you would think the newspaper would make the stat seem more realistic to make it at least believable.

Comment

To what purpose would that serve? Who knowingly wants more crime in their country?
            you'd have to ask a ******ed liberal from Sweden for an answer because i have no idea. look up Swedish Police Code 291.

Comment

is an obvious lie. you'd have to be complete idiot to believe that. you would think the newspaper would make the stat seem more realistic to make it at least believable.
              Do you have a source of a different statistic?

Comment

Good night sweet Sweden.

Comment

This is what happens when Swedish police try to enter the "NO GO ZONE"...the areas controlled by Muslims. NON Muslims...even the police...are not welcome in Muslim Sweden. But it's beginning to look like the Official position by the Swedish government is..."everything is alright here". I know there are some Swede's on this site so if I'm wrong about that (which I might be) please feel free to correct me.

Rioting erupts in immigrant-dominated Swedish suburb

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/02...sh-suburb.html

Riots erupted in a heavily immigrant Stockholm suburb Monday night, as masked looters set cars ablaze and threw rocks at cops, injuring one police officer, Swedish officials said.

TRUMP MAY HAVE BEEN UNCLEAR, BUT SWEDEN IS EXPERIENCING A MIGRANT CRIME WAVE

Police in Sweden said Tuesday they were investigating riots that broke out overnight in a predominantly immigrant Stockholm suburb after officers arrested a suspect on drug charges. Spokesman Lars Bystrom said unidentified people, including some wearing masks, threw rocks at police, set cars on fire and looted shops in Rinkeby, north of Stockholm.

The violence in Rinkeby began around 8 p.m., when officers arrested a suspect at an underground station on drug charges, The Local reported. A group soon gathered, hurling rocks and other objects at officers and prompting one cop to fire his gun “in a situation that demanded he use his firearm,” police spokesman Lars Bystrom said.

“But nobody has been found injured at the scene and we have checked the hospitals and there hasn’t been anyone with what could be gunshot wounds,” Bystrom added.

It came just days after President Trump was mocked during a Saturday campaign rally for mentioning Sweden alongside a list of European targets of terror. Trump later said his “You look at what’s happening last night in Sweden” remark was in response to a Fox News report on the country’s refugee crime crisis that aired on Friday evening.

“Sweden. They took in large numbers [of refugees],” Trump added at the Florida rally. “They’re having problems like they never thought possible.”

Sweden’s official Twitter account – which is operated by a different user each week – tweeted at Trump on Monday morning: “Hey Don, this is @Sweden speaking! It’s nice of you to care, really, but don’t fall for the hype. Facts: We’re OK!”

Hours later, the Rinkeby riots began, with a second wave starting around 10:30 p.m. Seven or eight cars were set on fire and many stores saw looting, The Local reported. A photographer from media outlet Dagens Nyheter said a group of 15 people beat him as he tried to document the chaos.

“I was hit with a lot of punches and kicks both to my body and my head. I have spent the night in hospital,” said the photographer, who was not named.

The rioting ended just after midnight.

No arrests were made; however, reports were filed on three violent acts, violence against a police officer, two assaults, vandalism and aggravated thefts, authorities said.

Rinkeby is the same area where an Australian "60 Minutes" crew was attacked by a group of men in April 2016. The film crew was attempting to enter a so-called “no go zone,” which authorities deny they use as a label. Rinkeby, however, has been officially classified as one of 15 “particularly vulnerable” areas across Sweden.

The country's prime minister, Stefan Lofven, said Monday, "Yes, we have challenges like all other countries. There's no doubt. We have a situation in the world where 65 million people had to flee their countries last year, the year before that. 65 million. So that's a war for us together." He also said Sweden was investing more in housing, technology and its welfare system.

Reports of rapes in Sweden jumped 13 percent in 2016 compared to the previous year, and reports of sexual assaults were up 20 percent, according to preliminary data from the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention.

Recent migration to Sweden hit its peak in 2015 with more than 160,000 asylum applications. It dropped to almost 30,000 in 2016.

Fox News' Maria Karlsson and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Comment

I guess that same reason it happens in the UK. The authorities don't want to be branded as racist and "Islamaphobic".

Look at the Rotherham scandal in the UK. The police and local government turned a blind eye to 1400 young girls (many kids) being groomed, drugged and raped by Muslim grooming gangs because they didn't want to be branded racist, it's all been admitted. That one town is just the tip of the iceberg, it happens in every town and city and it gets covered up for these reasons.

And this is not an anti-muslim post of course, most are decent people and there's bad apples in all races and religions but there is huge problems coming out of their communities that can't be ignored and it's a two-tier policing system for it right now. One rule for them, one for everyone else it seems.

The cover ups go deep. It's not just the fear of being branded racist too, it's also the fear of a very violent backlash.

Comment

Yeah, there's no way it's 1%. Look at France, only about 9% are immigrants i believe, but the jail population is close to 70% immigrants.

I'll say if it is 1%, then expect that to skyrocket in a very short time.

Comment

Working...
                      X