Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If GGG gets beat by Jacobs does it discredit everything he has ever done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
    If he loses to Jacobs people will say the only time he fought a competent world class Middleweight he lost
    All his 20+ defences wouldnt mean a damn thing, its not how many you beat its about when you step up do you actually deliver.

I feel unlike a lot of fighters who lose if GGG loses now, it will really really stain his career and wouldnt even be considered for the HOF.

He could be known as the guy who fooled the public for as long as he possibly could

and if triple G gets another k.o, what will you say?

Comment

Losing to the second best in your division doesn't discredit you.

Comment

I once heard Michael buffer saying Gennady Geyllagelleguev Golovkin. I thought that was GGG full name.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          No insults, just a fact. The way you whine on and on about Golovkin, the same ******ed crap over and over ... you remind me of a sulky child.

And why are you crowing to me about Manny, Mathysse and Provodnikov? I've never been a particular fan of of any of them.

To dick riders facts=hate

Facts=whining

Regardless of your childish insults, anyone with common sense knows he has much left to prove and being top 5 p4p is unjustifiable considering his resume and level.of opposition

There are far more proven fighters so you can deflect and insult me all you want, it won't change the fact there are fighters in their 20s whose taken more risks n are more accomplished than your the man you love lol

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            To dick riders facts=hate

Facts=whining

Regardless of your childish insults, anyone with common sense knows he has much left to prove and being top 5 p4p is unjustifiable considering his resume and level.of opposition

There are far more proven fighters so you can deflect and insult me all you want, it won't change the fact there are fighters in their 20s whose taken more risks n are more accomplished than your the man you love lol
            The reason you spend so much time and energy denigrating Golovkin is that, deep down, you know that you wrote there is bullshit. Think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              The reason you spend so much time and energy denigrating Golovkin is that, deep down, you know that you wrote there is bullshit. Think about it.
              Bruh....you can't deny or rebuttal a thing I said about his resume or level of opposition .....fall back and keep using his dick as your pacifier

Facts are facts whether you like them or not.

How am I denigrating him by saying he hasn't beat anyone elite? Has he

Has he won his titles in the ring? Nope

Does he have one of the best resumes in the sport? Another no

Keep fighting the good fight lol

Comment

Nope. .....

Comment

If Golovkin loses he'll take a massive hit. Not because he hasn't been good but because he has been overhyped. Since the Steven's fight it has gone nuts and has been out of wack with resume.
                  I love watching his fights because they are undeniably dramatic. But the hype is unreal. I never understand why K2 and Loeffler get criticised. They have done a perfect job of bringing Golovkin from an unknown contender to a top 5-10 attractions in the boxing world. And all without beating anyone elite.
                  Where he does get credit is the KO streak. Who else has knocked out 23 fighters in a row and of which many are B- level fighters. Casuals love this and that is a major factor in the "monster" hype. Slay or vanquish a monster and the monster deflates entirely.
                  The only way back for GGG would be to beat another top fighter such as Canelo or a SMW contender.

Comment

That's disrespectful to jacobs...we don't really know what he may become either. It would kind of depend on what he did afterwards. Also, ggg is at that age where he's prime to take an L. He could get old overnight at any point, and i believe he's already shown slippage...the only people saying jacobs is a complete walkover for ggg are delusional fanboys or haters who would love nothing more than to use the loss against him. I favor ggg over jacobs, but not like i would favor the 2013 version of ggg.

Comment

I don't have him on my P4P list yet.

Because "what he already has done" is mighty thin for a guy over a decade in.

He has looked the part but his competition has been average at best.

A lost to Jacobs will not ruin everything, but IMO he'll still have a lot to prove.

And, unless he is taking care of himself like BHop, that window to prove things may be closing.

Comment

Working...
                      X