No announcement yet.

Putting head down problem.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting head down problem.

Yo guys, I have a problem when I am punching I keep putting my head down and it's easy target to get uppercut, I don't know how to fix that bad habbit, any help? Any tips? I am peek-a-boo style boxer, 5'7. I am just seventeen started boxing at fourteen or fifteen, I don't remember exactly when. I am going to be honest though, I don't have any gyms around me right now since I moved out of my city to other place, but I am keeping in shape training 5 times a week running every morning, I have a slip bag, doing drills, strengh workouts and other. I am still trying to reach something, guys be honest is this is possible for me? Because there, I won't be able to find a gym who trains peek-a-boo style boxers.

Always a potential problem with peek a boo because you're squared up. Keep your guard tight and mind your posture (don't lean forward).

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Always a potential problem with peek a boo because you're squared up. Keep your guard tight and mind your posture (don't lean forward).
      Thanks for the answer, and yeah... That's my problem, sometimes when I throw punches I lean forward and look like an pus*y looking at ground, any drills to fix that problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Peekaboos View Post
        Thanks for the answer, and yeah... That's my problem, sometimes when I throw punches I lean forward and look like an pus*y looking at ground, any drills to fix that problem?
        It's mostly a matter of always looking at the opponent. Always, head up, don't get into bad habits. Slip bag might help. Tyson used to use one.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          It's mostly a matter of always looking at the opponent. Always, head up, don't get into bad habits. Slip bag might help. Tyson used to use one.
          I already have one, it's cool though. I am punching a heavy bag everyday too, six rounds full power, and sometimes I look at my shadow or a mirror to see how I am doing, but I read somewhere that can become a bad habit too, they call it lazy eyes or something like that. Can that be a problem why I am not looking at my opponent all the time? Should I always looks at heavy bag, like I mean always not even glance at mirror or my shadow? And thanks for the answers, I really appreciate it. I'll use your advices.

Comment

Originally posted by Peekaboos View Post
            punches I lean forward and look like an pus*y looking at ground,
            why you think it is that wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by NVSemin View Post
              why you think it is that wrong?
              I don't know, it just looks like I am trying to avoid punches doesn't even looking at my opponent, it's like turn my back to him, I feel like a newbie and coward. But I am looking forward to fix this problem now.

Comment

I have the opposite problem. I tend to have my head too far up. I don't keep my head down enough. It's just that I feel the headgear cuts my vision off. So if I were to put my head down, I wouldn't be able to see anything. If it wasn't for the headgear, I don't think I would have that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                  I have the opposite problem. I tend to have my head too far up. I don't keep my head down enough. It's just that I feel the headgear cuts my vision off. So if I were to put my head down, I wouldn't be able to see anything. If it wasn't for the headgear, I don't think I would have that problem.
                  It is called "admiring" your shots. THis is why TYson rarely used a headgear in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by NVSemin View Post
                    It is called "admiring" your shots. THis is why TYson rarely used a headgear in sparring.
                    I thought admiring your shots is when you land a good combination and then you just sit back and freeze, like you're real pleased with what you just did.

Comment

Working...
                    X