Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus what a terrible breakdown of the first in the OP.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
      This certainly isn't true. Sanders had a huge left hand. And he didn't knock Vladimir out cold. People underrate Vlad's chin, he has taken some good punches during his career, and came on to win such fights.

Fury isn't a huge puncher for his massive size.
      Cunningham is nowhere near the puncher sanders was. Not even in the same stratosphere by any stretch of the imagination.

Wlad has gotten up from hard punches to his credit. For me, it's the deer-in-headlights look he gets when he gets slightly tagged. He panics.

But his chin isn't glass. It's just not rock solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Ortiz has definitely flown under the radar. His opposition hasn't been great, but that's largely his promoter's fault. He looks very promising; i would fancy him against a number of top 10 fighters.

Oh, and he's also had the drug ban to serve.

EDIT: He'd beat Fury for sure.
        Ortiz beat Fury for sure?

Ladies and gentleman, the negative side-effects of medical marijuana.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockoutNed View Post
          Fury is not going to have to rely on finding the one big punch to win this fight.

Lee Selby and Josh Warrington, the UKs best two technical boxers think Fury's 'style will make Wlad look daft and old' ... I agree.

A late stoppage, or even worse - a towel - will see Fury crowned World Champ. That's assuming Wlad doesn't decide that he needs to take more time off.
          Selby & Warrington are correct. Fury is going to give him a boxing lesson.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Ortiz beat Fury for sure?

Ladies and gentleman, the negative side-effects of medical marijuana.
            I wouldn't say he would beat him for sure but he would definitely give him problems !

Comment

• peter fury. ‏@peterfury 7 hours ago

Tyson Fury will have sparred a whopping total of 576 rounds of sparring for the fight come fight time. & will be ready for battle & to Win!

---

Damn, he is going to take Wladimir into the trenches.

Comment

• I've done a lot of Pro-Fury things in this thread already so I'll say one fun fact about Klitschko.

If he wins this fight, he ties Joe Louis for the most wins in Heavyweight title bouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
                  Selby & Warrington are correct. Fury is going to give him a boxing lesson.
                  So the establishment is coming out to back their man again like they did with Haye right ? Lmao.

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
                  peter fury. ‏@peterfury 7 hours ago

Tyson Fury will have sparred a whopping total of 576 rounds of sparring for the fight come fight time. & will be ready for battle & to Win!

---

Damn, he is going to take Wladimir into the trenches.
                  When you're sparring Marcin Rekowski for the majority of those and your cousin it can hardly be considered tough sparring. Good on him though, he can not be faulted for effort, less excuses for when you boys coming crashing back to reality.

This whole episode is going to be reminiscent of that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie Total Recall, where Quaid refuses to accept his return to reality, and continues to live out his fantasy, within his own head of course.

This is what you guys sound like right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                    I think also that Luis Ortiz has such potential.

However to say he would handle guys like Arreola and Browne easily is debatable.

I would very much like to see him fight somebody of this calibre and level first to make an accurate judgement.
                    Browne and Ortiz are huge punchers Fury's handlers have guided him in the opposite direction of guys like these intentionally, and sought to face guys like Johnson and Chisora.

With Ortiz he has technical ability beyond that of most of the other contenders and the power shown by the likes or Parker and Joshua, he's a more promising prospect than either Fury IMO. I'm more worried about the challenge posed by Ortiz than Fury if I am to be honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
                      Browne and Ortiz are huge punchers Fury's handlers have guided him in the opposite direction of guys like these intentionally, and sought to face guys like Johnson and Chisora.

With Ortiz he has technical ability beyond that of most of the other contenders and the power shown by the likes or Parker and Joshua, he's a more promising prospect than either Fury IMO. I'm more worried about the challenge posed by Ortiz than Fury if I am to be honest.
                      Browne is a fat talentless bum with nothing but a big right hand. Ortiz, despite being a cheat, is a talented boxer who would give any HW a tough night imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X