Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Team Heiland Get Fined? What Really Went Down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Team Heiland Get Fined? What Really Went Down?

Was there a Q&A post fight press conference? Did PBC and Showtime know about this? Jim Gray seemed suspect, and Charlo said ''sometimes it can be used a decoy.''

Heiland made Showtime Boxing look really bad...accountable for letting this bout happen

Unless they follow him around 247 i doubt they themselves knows. The guy probably didn't want to let anyone down by pulling out injured. So he probably thought about his payday, I cannot really judge or criticise him to be honest but he knows he had no chance getting that win.

Comment

he had a physical 10 hours before they said on the broadcast so I assume something happened between then and the fight.

Unless they just saying that to hide the fact that they knowing allowed a handicap to compete but IDK why cause it wont be the first time, they let Margarito fight, foreman fight, martinez fight etc etc

Comment

My guess is he was messing around and injured it. All it takes is jumping and landing wrong to mess up a knee or blow out something. Could have came from any movement really. My guess is he was more than likely bouncing around and landed wrong.

Just look at this.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-pIeGgKtIs
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFvhfB1ZrKE

Comment

The commission, fighter, WBC, promoters have all been under fire over this and all are lying trying to cover their tracks. His camp saying he got injuried early in the fight. Problem is we have video evidence from the weigh in with this clown limping on that leg and couldn't even walk up steps to the weigh in. He also tried to enter the ring wearing a wrap over the bum knee and told to take it off. So it's a fact he was injured BEFORE the fight.

At best the fighter and his camp lied to everyone and showed up just for the check. At worst somebody should of caught it the doctor, commission, promoters, ect. How can a man who can't even walk right pass a physical? My guess is these other parties knew and let the show go on anyway. Black eye for boxing and bad look for showtime

Comment

Didn't he have something wrong with a hand, too?

Comment

He was already injured but came for the payday. Sad to see, but these guys often live hand to mouth so it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Unless they follow him around 247 i doubt they themselves knows. The guy probably didn't want to let anyone down by pulling out injured. So he probably thought about his payday, I cannot really judge or criticise him to be honest but he knows he had no chance getting that win.
                I agree, and it's not only about his payday, but his entire team, and team Charlo's pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                  Heiland made Showtime Boxing look really bad...accountable for letting this bout happen
                  Its not Showtime's fault. The commission is to blame for not catching it & Heiland is to blame for not disclosing it & should be suspended, fined or have his money hemmed up as they look further into this situation.

Although in fairness I understand Heiland likely defense. "$200k is a lot of f#cking money in Argentina & these mfers not fighting me for 2yrs or whatever already so who knows if I'll get another shot at this sorta fight".

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY!. View Post
                  he had a physical 10 hours before they said on the broadcast so I assume something happened between then and the fight.

Unless they just saying that to hide the fact that they knowing allowed a handicap to compete but IDK why cause it wont be the first time, they let Margarito fight, foreman fight, martinez fight etc etc
                  It appears to me at the weigh in he was favoring that leg so I think this was an injury he had for awhile & they didn't catch it at any commission physical later on either.

Comment

Anyone with eyes could tell he was injured everyone was in on it for the athletic commission to the wbc to Heiland's camp. Very bad look for the sport and disappointing

Comment

Working...
                    X