Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US residents, I just got a Boxnation account and subscribed! Here's a step by step...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just did this and realized that not only do you have to use the vpn to sign up, but you have to use the vpn to stream as well. That is a killer. If I could stream without using the vpn, then I would continue my subscription, but like this, I can't justify the price.

Comment

Originally posted by TSS View Post
      I just did this and realized that not only do you have to use the vpn to sign up, but you have to use the vpn to stream as well. That is a killer. If I could stream without using the vpn, then I would continue my subscription, but like this, I can't justify the price.
      I would say it's not really worth it right now anyway considering that most of Warren's cards will be on BT Sport starting a few months from now. I think BT Sport gets 30 next year while BoxNation only gets 10. Not sure where the international boxing will go but I imagine BoxNation will get less than they do currently

Comment

The real question is is the stream as good as it is on live TV? Have you tried connecting it to a huge screen TV? How is the resolution; are there any lags; disruption; etc., etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          I would say it's not really worth it right now anyway considering that most of Warren's cards will be on BT Sport starting a few months from now. I think BT Sport gets 30 next year while BoxNation only gets 10. Not sure where the international boxing will go but I imagine BoxNation will get less than they do currently
          That's a good point, but for an American, a lot of the use of boxnation comes from their broadcasts of American fights. For example, they had the Shabransky vs Barrera fight with English commentary whereas it was only available in Spanish in USA.
          Originally posted by BreWall View Post
          The real question is is the stream as good as it is on live TV? Have you tried connecting it to a huge screen TV? How is the resolution; are there any lags; disruption; etc., etc.
          I can't test how laggy or consistent the stream is because I'm behind a VPN and the VPN could be the source of the problem. So far it seems pretty consistent, but I have to wait until a big fight to really test it. The resolution and bitrate are pretty good for SD, but far from HD. The resolution is about 804x452 and the bitrate is 2441 kbps.

Comment

I don't have netflix, but some of my relatives do and I've seen the stream on a large screen and it's as if you're watching a normal tv show. And I don't understand why we can't have boxing similar to netflix.

Comment

It's just because boxnation chooses not to broadcast in high-resolution with high bitrate, which is a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by TSS View Post
                It's just because boxnation chooses not to broadcast in high-resolution with high bitrate, which is a shame.
                I don't think it's even HD on the telly. Though it looks fine to me

Comment

Working...
                X