Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 Prince Naseem Hamed vs 2001 Eric Morales @126..who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hiei View Post
    Hamed Is a Pak1 Bum
    Reported for racism.

Comment

Hamed never won a fantasy fight in the history of nsb

Comment

If Morales' chin was any less solid than it was, Hamed could stop him.

But in reality his chin was made of Barreras childhood nightmares and just, very hard things.

Like Hamed, he was a massive puncher in his hey-day. Much harder to knock down though. I think if Morales doesnt stop him he at least drops him enough to score a wide decision which would have otherwise been a close one on the cards.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

If Hamed can't crack El Terrible's chin then he loses.

Simple as that really.

Comment

I think this fight would be along the lines of the Barrera fight. Hamed was very good and potentially exceptional but he was fighting guys he could beat easily under Warren and never developed to his full potential. Morales and Barrera were both a quantum level up from his other opponents and his show boating style may have worked against lower level fighters but against them it would just not cut it. I would have had my money on a Morales point victory.

Comment

hamed on his day could have beat any featherwight morales is a legend but we all know he turned the fight down.Hamed did not fullfill his potential what a shame he was good but could have been great, come on we all know the hamed that fought barrera wasnt the same as before but thats not barreras fault he did good and solved the puzzle.

And the racist guy can you please not come on this forum again you f*in pr*k

Comment

The prince would school that coward.

Comment

Originally posted by qari View Post
                  come on we all know the hamed that fought barrera wasnt the same as before but thats not barreras fault he did good and solved the puzzle.
                  I agree with you. But why? Hamed would feed off the lack of confidence and lack of ability of his opponents and fill himself with confidence. When he looked good you got the impression the other fighter did not fancy his chances.Barrera KNEW he could beat Hamed and expected to do it and was not playing the loser victim role. Hamed was not used to that or the step up in class and it affected his confidence and performance. That is why I believe Hamed did not look his normal self and not that he had regressed as a boxer.

Comment

Not sure this comes down to levels because both were top fighters. I think it comes down more to styles making fights.

What seperated Barrera and Morales in their 1st fight was the better defensive work from Barrera. If Marco had attacked Nas gun ho and walked onto power shot after power shot that fight may have turned out differently, he did have to take afew but for the most part his defence was excellent in that fight. Morales on the other hand was more of a face first fighter who didnt really keep his hands up as much as he could. That would prove fatal vs Hamed.

Its a fight I can see both winning but even though Id rank Morales higher historically, stylewise I think he plays into Hameds hands. Erik I doubt could stick to a disciplined strategy for 12 rounds without the urge to fight and I dont think he defence would be good enough to avoid all the power shots he walks onto. Hamed would have a hard night but the clean shots he lands would start to take their toll around the 9th. He'd get marked up and probably lose a close points decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiei View Post
                      Hamed Is a Pak1 Bum
                      edl supporter?

Comment

Working...
                      X