Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people see Mayweather as the best at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    that's the opposite of being real. that's called fantasy. floyd won't prove it in the ring so how do you know he's the best? looks like someone has a case of the probably's.
    Who do you think is #1 at 154?

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      Mayweather beat Cotto at 154, now people see him as the best there. I see the Mayweather-Cotto fight as a battle of WW's with a bit more muscle, neither should be campaigning with the JR Middleweights. Cotto was wrongly ranked no.1.

Canelo and Trout are natural 154lb'ers. If Mayweather beat one of these, I could see the argument. But he hasn't, so why is he considered better than boxers naturally at this weight, naturally much bigger?

I can see why Mayweather fans would feel offended by this. But Mayweather doesn't have to be unbeatable at any weight he fights in, to be at the level he is at. In fact, for all we know he is probably very vulnerable at 154 against Cotto/Trout. All it means is that 154 is too big for him.

I can see Trout beating Mayweather by UD. Canelo, i'm not too sure.
      probably because he is regarded as the best boxer in the world by most people with any credibility and because he just beat the boxer a lot of those same people had as the#1 JMW.

Its similar to JMM, who is now s ranked #2 at ww even though, like floyd he's only had 2 fights at the weight, but he did just KTFO of a manny, who is widely regarded as the 2nd best ww in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
        Why do people see Mayweather as the best at 154?
        That's what I've been asking myself. That's why this opposition to the Floyd/Canelo fight is a case of underrating the Ginger kid and at the same time overrating Floyd at 154.

Comment

This is a more fitting discussion when you talk about Canelo not deserving a fight with Floyd da best.

Bump.

Comment

Just a reminder. You can't say Floyd is the best at 154. So all these Canelo doesn't deserve Floyd is all crap and nothing but crap. Who tf is Floyd at 154 and at this stage of his career? Floyd's last fight was against a fading Cotto whose last win was against a one-eyed Marg. Floyd's went life and death and his nose got busted in the process. Get real folks!

Bump.

Comment

Working...
            X