Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Says Rios is on Pacquiao's List, Not Tim Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to ask this... why the hell are there such double standards? Manny won't even fight a WW let alone WW champ, yet Floyd is being asked to fight JMW and MW champions or he's ducking? Why does pac get to fight people one or two divisions lower when Canelo can't do the same thing at his age? Pac is one of the greats of the era and Canelo is held to higher standards then him? Pac-Rios is exciting but pointless... Rios isn't very good he's not elite.

It's like you want Pac to look good only and not take hard fights. JMM is hard because of his style but overall JMM is not a great WW fighter. Pac has nothing but in-house fights, and fairly poor ones at that as of late. His outtings have been awful, that is no excuse to make him look good just for the sake of it imo.

Comment

• With Manny's decline and even more decline happening as time passes I wouldn't just rule Rios out of winning that fight. Remember this not prime Manny we are talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
        Worst fight that can be made in the past 30 years??? WOW are you kidding me??? Rios vs Pac is a gazillion times better than Margarito/Pac. Brandon is young, hungry, undefeated and one of the most exciting fighters in the sport.
        relax my man I was being facetious. and pac-marg is still better than pac-rios. marg had extremely limited skills, but he had something, and he was much bigger than pac. I dont care how fat and out of shape that tomato can rios is, or if hes bigger than pac, talking about weight divisions, he is smaller than pac, and already they wanna put him in their with pac the WW. and rios just had 1 fight at JWW, therefore, rios is smaller. rios is not, has not, and never will be knocking at the door of the level that pac is / was on. this fight is despicable and it is despicable to support it. no offense to you personally, but this is an absolute travesty if this happens. doesnt matter what is said on the boards, history will laugh at this

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
          I have to ask this... why the hell are there such double standards? Manny won't even fight a WW let alone WW champ, yet Floyd is being asked to fight JMW and MW champions or he's ducking? Why does pac get to fight people one or two divisions lower when Canelo can't do the same thing at his age? Pac is one of the greats of the era and Canelo is held to higher standards then him? Pac-Rios is exciting but pointless... Rios isn't very good he's not elite.

It's like you want Pac to look good only and not take hard fights. JMM is hard because of his style but overall JMM is not a great WW fighter. Pac has nothing but in-house fights, and fairly poor ones at that as of late. His outtings have been awful, that is no excuse to make him look good just for the sake of it imo.
          Because Pac is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
            I have to ask this... why the hell are there such double standards? Manny won't even fight a WW let alone WW champ, yet Floyd is being asked to fight JMW and MW champions or he's ducking? Why does pac get to fight people one or two divisions lower when Canelo can't do the same thing at his age? Pac is one of the greats of the era and Canelo is held to higher standards then him? Pac-Rios is exciting but pointless... Rios isn't very good he's not elite.

very well said. pac and his team (mainly arum) are turning into the biggest joke boxing has to offer. absolutely flabbergasting what is happening in that camp roflmao...

Comment

• Who at WW would be a great fight for Pacquiao?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                Who at WW would be a great fight for Pacquiao?

a welterweight for starters...

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                  a welterweight for starters...
                  Who are the WW opponents that would make great fights for him?

Comment

No over-thinking necessary. Just re-watching. Initially I had thought it was a comfortable Pac win as well, but it really wasn't.

What we saw in that fight was a lazier version of the Pacquiao that faced Marquez, lunging and over-extending in the same fashion against a guy who wasn't quite as sharp as Marquez when it came to punishing him.

Manny landed f-all quality shots in that fight. There's a good reason Bradley barely had a scratch on him afterwards, Manny barely hit him. Bradley controlled the distance easily when Manny was trying to close it, and when Manny would inevitable lunge at him, Bradley just stepped around him and tried to land while Manny was out of position.

Now Bradley didn't do much clean work either, but the difference was he was actually staying busy throughout the rounds. Manny was doing nothing.

It's the same old story from the Marquez fight of wild Pacquiao flurries impressing people in real time, but clearly missing when you sit down and watch it back.

The commentary from HBO is usually laughably one-sided, but they brought it to a whole new level that night and did Tim Bradley a massive injustice. I'm not saying the guy won the fight, but it sure as hell was no robbery.

This video sums up the commentary pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riSEb-hdq8M

Again I don't even have HBO. I watched it with music playing in the background. Only time I put the sound on was when I saw Bradley jumping up and celebrating. I thought he was just happy to have gone 12 rounds or something.

Comment

Who are the WW opponents that would make great fights for him?
                      He really doesn't have any opponents at 147. Floyd isn't happening. But no excuse for not fighting Bradley again. The fiscal explanation might make sense if we could actually quantify these #'s but we don't know what Manny has grossed his last few fights. But I don't think his team has any intention of fighting Bradley again unless Arum forces them to.

Comment

Working...
                      X