Will Cotto Clinch in the Rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    Monzon is overrated too.

Leonard needed a big catchweight. Nice try though Flawless.
    Lol, to keep your argument going, you have to say Monzon is overrrated, nice try....who are your top 5 all time great middleweights then..........

He needed a big cathweight because he was fighting for the LHW title not the middleweight title, if he was such a midget at middleweight, why would he then fight at a higher weight......

Comment

Cotto will clinch when he has to but I don't see him KO'ing Marg. I think he fights a smart fight and gets the decision..

Comment

Originally posted by -KPB- View Post
        Lol, to keep your argument going, you have to say Monzon is overrrated, nice try....who are your top 5 all time great middleweights then..........

He needed a big cathweight because he was fighting for the LHW title not the middleweight title, if he was such a midget at middleweight, why would he then fight at a higher weight......
        Top 5? Hmmmm, just like an ATG list, I don't know. Reason why is because I haven't seen all of the best of the best fight at that weight to make an honest opinion. Sorry but I don't base it off old articles of the victory like a lot of you people do. I do however seen a lot of Hagler/Monzon fights, exciting in a way but not as great as people make it out to be.

Because Leonard wanted to keep the momentum going. Look at what Pac did after 135 and after Oscar. He wanted to keep the momentum going by people thinking he could or could not do it.

Comment

Top 5? Hmmmm, just like an ATG list, I don't know. Reason why is because I haven't seen all of the best of the best fight at that weight to make an honest opinion. Sorry but I don't base it off old articles of the victory like a lot of you people do. I do however seen a lot of Hagler/Monzon fights, exciting in a way but not as great as people make it out to be.

Because Leonard wanted to keep the momentum going. Look at what Pac did after 135 and after Oscar. He wanted to keep the momentum going by people thinking he could or could not do it.
          Since when did excitement determine how great a fighter is, and how do you know how good their opponents were....be real with yourself, the only fights you have seen Hagler in was the Hearns, Leonard, Duran fights....in 20 years , someone would watch a Wlad fight and just say he must be overrated because he was bigger and taller then all his opponents, but just jabbed them to death, so he must be overrated

In Pacs case, he has proven he can fight at that weight, hence why the "he was too small" argument gets thrown out the window...how big were Clottey and Margs on fight night and how many rounds did either of them win.....

Comment

Originally posted by -KPB- View Post
            Since when did excitement determine how great a fighter is, and how do you know how good their opponents were....be real with yourself, the only fights you have seen Hagler in was the Hearns, Leonard, Duran fights....in 20 years , someone would watch a Wlad fight and just say he must be overrated because he was bigger and taller then all his opponents, but just jabbed them to death, so he must be overrated

In Pacs case, he has proven he can fight at that weight, hence why the "he was too small" argument gets thrown out the window...how big were Clottey and Margs on fight night and how many rounds did either of them win.....
            I never said excitement determines how great a fighter should be. You're trying to flip it in your favor since you don't really have a good argument against me.

I seen Hagler fight Magabe or however and Lee as well. I saw (I think) like 3 others off youtube and the download section.

Yes in my opinion basing your resume off smaller weight class guys makes you overrated.

Well I would love to chat more with you Flawless but I have to get ready to go out.

Comment

I never said excitement determines how great a fighter should be. You're trying to flip it in your favor since you don't really have a good argument against me.

I seen Hagler fight Magabe or however and Lee as well. I saw (I think) like 3 others off youtube and the download section.

Yes in my opinion basing your resume off smaller weight class guys makes you overrated.

Well I would love to chat more with you Flawless but I have to get ready to go out.
              But maybe he didnt get his resume based off fighting guys in smaller weight classes......watching an old fighter doesnt make put you in a position to judge their resume...it just means you have seen their skills, because you dont know how good a fighter his opponents were and were they were ranked........

Comment

This coming from a delajoya cheer leader!

Comment

Working...
                X