No announcement yet.

Fenech, Briggs and Zappavigna

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenech, Briggs and Zappavigna

Jeff Fenech has said Paul Briggs needs a miracle to beat Danny Green this Wednesday night.

What the hell kind of thing is that to say about a guy you're supposed to be helping? I don't want to believe Fenech got involved to try and spoil the event with a comment like that, which is what Briggs has suggested in the press. Unbelievable.

Further ****tiness in the week ahead, here is Lenny Zappavigna's opponent this Thursday night (yes that's right, Australia's latest world champion and Andy Raymond golden boy):

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...0677&cat=boxer

Got a feeling I'll be on a downer come Friday.

Just out of curiosity i thought id save myself the effort of creating an entire new thread, is anyone here thinking of going to the Zappavigna fight in Fairfield?

Comment

I was going to buy the Briggs fight. I think I'm going to pass now though. It just sounds like its going to be a joke. I don't wanna see that ****wit beat Paul up.

Comment

Originally posted by jaskieee View Post
        Just out of curiosity i thought id save myself the effort of creating an entire new thread, is anyone here thinking of going to the Zappavigna fight in Fairfield?
        Er, no. I'll pass on that. Not even worthy of television.

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
          Jeff Fenech has said Paul Briggs needs a miracle to beat Danny Green this Wednesday night.

What the hell kind of thing is that to say about a guy you're supposed to be helping? I don't want to believe Fenech got involved to try and spoil the event with a comment like that, which is what Briggs has suggested in the press. Unbelievable.

Further ****tiness in the week ahead, here is Lenny Zappavigna's opponent this Thursday night (yes that's right, Australia's latest world champion and Andy Raymond golden boy):

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...0677&cat=boxer

Got a feeling I'll be on a downer come Friday.
          I just read the article you're referring to. "Criminal" eh? That's kinda ironic coming from a man convicted of stealing watches.

Fenech slams 'criminal' title fight

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/fenech-s...718-10g1u.html

Shame about the guy Zappa's fighting. I did read somewhere they had difficulty in getting a decent opponent.

Comment

Granted Jeff has a big mouth.
            But read what he has to say about Green & Mundine's fights of late & tell me it isn't spot on.
            In this instance Jeff is telling it like it is.

Read the content not the author's name guys.

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post
              But read what he has to say about Green & Mundine's fights of late & tell me it isn't spot on.

He didn't exactly pick the right time and place to be critical though did he?

It's just unfair to be slamming Briggs' chances two days before the fight, especially when you were involved with training him.

Surely he could have offered some words of encouragement instead.

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post

Yeah, you can't say he isn't right.

I'm not concerned about the timing either to be honest.

**** it, if its a joke call it a joke. Paul's a big boy he can take care of himself. If Jeff calling the fight a joke is going to send him home in tears then that's just too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
                  He didn't exactly pick the right time and place to be critical though did he?

It's just unfair to be slamming Briggs' chances two days before the fight, especially when you were involved with training him.

Surely he could have offered some words of encouragement instead.
                  Who cares about "the right time and the right place". The sport is dieing in this country. Green and Mundine are providing a smoke-screen right now but they are not creating lasting interest. When they leave there will be nothing.

Comment

I knew he was critical of the fight a few days back, but I hadn't read that. Wow. Devastating coming from Jeff. I think he should have waited until Thursday morning though. His words could yet backfire on him if Briggs is competitive, and at the least it's bitter and ungracious to be spoiling their promotion.

Can't help but think he's spot-on though.

Comment

Working...
                    X