PacMan in Sydney next month

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PacMan in Sydney next month

http://www.thefilipinoaustralian.com...-sydney-visit/

The world’s most recognisable Filipino today, the PacMan, -now Philippine Congressman Manny Pacquiao, is coming to Sydney for an unofficial visit, according to long-time Filipino community leader Manny Villon last night.

The Congressman from Saranggani in Mindanao, seven-time world boxing champion rated by the world’s boxing bible The Ring magazine as the best fighter pound-for-pound today, will spend two days meeting Filipino-Australians in Sydney’s west next month.

”Congresman Pacquiao’s visit was arranged through my friend Chavit Singson, the Governor of Ilocos Sur,” Mr Villon said. ”One of Mr Pacquiao’s intentions is to induct officers of the Mindanao-(Saranggani) Association of Australia at the Grand Westella Reception Lounge in Lidcombe on Saturday, August 14.

”The following day, Sunday, August 15, Mr Pacquiao will spend the day at the Philippine Australian Cultural Centre in Schofields to meet the Filipino-Australian community and the public casually. We are therefore inviting everyone to come exclusive of political affiliation or ethnic background.

”We will also arrange a press conference with the Filipino Press Group of Sydney and the local media.

The reception dinner at Grand Westela is being organised by the Mindanao (Saranggani) Association of Australia, the Global Ilocanos Association, Alliance of Philippine Community Organisations, and the Philippine Australian Cultural Centre.

Final confirmation on Congressman Pacquiao’s visit will be announced soon through Mr Villon.

Ah well, there goes today's excitement. As quickly as it was announced, it's been scuttled. No Pacman for us. Obviously it was a publicity ploy by organisers of the Philippine Australian Community Festival... or PACFest, as it woulda otherwise been referred to.

http://www.thefilipinoaustralian.com...iao-visit-off/

Comment

war congressmen!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh DAMN. You got my hopes up for nothing.

Lidcombe is just a few suburbs away from where I live.. DAMNIT.

Comment

I was picturing myself having a picture taken with the Pacman. So you can picture my disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
            I was picturing myself having a picture taken with the Pacman. So you can picture my disappointment.
            Devastating news mate, my condolences go out to any Aussie Pacquiao fans rocked by this tragedy.

Comment

Ah well, there goes today's excitement. As quickly as it was announced, it's been scuttled. No Pacman for us. Obviously it was a publicity ploy by organisers of the Philippine Australian Community Festival... or PACFest, as it woulda otherwise been referred to.

http://www.thefilipinoaustralian.com...iao-visit-off/
              Originally posted by Rolling Stones View Post
              Oh DAMN. You got my hopes up for nothing.

Lidcombe is just a few suburbs away from where I live.. DAMNIT.
              Sorry to hear that...here's to hoping Pac will change his mind and visit your place fellas

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
                Devastating news mate, my condolences go out to any Aussie Pacquiao fans rocked by this tragedy.
                I'm coping mate, coping. It would be nice if Channel 9 or someone like Kevin Rudd would pick up on this story, but I suppose they've got more important things like Lindsay Lohan and Mel Gibson to worry about.

Comment

Damn I got excited and sent the link out to a bunch of peole before reading the second post lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Neutral Corner View Post
                    Damn I got excited and sent the link out to a bunch of peole before reading the second post lol.
                    Hahahaha I made a similar mistake, i was full sussing it all out on Google Maps.

Comment

Working...
                    X