No announcement yet.

Garcia & Bradley had greater runs at 140 than Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garcia & Bradley had greater runs at 140 than Crawford

So Crawford unified all the trinkets at 140 and now people have him P4P #1 or close, but facts are his run of opponents weren't that great. Diaz and Postol were good but not great opponents. The rest are whatever. Molina, Lundy, and even Udango (who somehow captured two belts) are just ok wins. His reign at the division is similar to GGG before he fought Jacobs and Canelo. Just a bunch of decent wins in spectacular fashion, but nobody elite.

Garcia dominated highly regarded Lucas Matthysse and Amir Khan, two fights where he was the major underdog in. That alone is more than Crawford has done his entire career. Bradley beat undefeated guys like Peterson and Alexander with ease and also has scalps like Miguel Vasquez, Witter, and Holt.

So where's all the Crawford hype coming from? Does unifying all the trinkets at a division, against ok competition no less, mean that much today?
    Last edited by _original_; 10-17-2017, 02:33 PM.

I don't think anyone is saying Crawford had a better run at 140 than Bradley or Garcia. He's conquered the division but it's definitely much weaker than it was five years ago.

People are big on Crawford because he has pound-for-pound credentials and a skillset that will likely translate well to bigger weight classes. He conquered the 135 and 140 lb weight classes and the only real challenger in either division that he hasn't yet fought is Mikey Garcia. If Crawford carries his speed and power all the way to welterweight he will be seen as a huge threat to anyone in that division, Thurman or Spence or whoever.

Comment

Well Bradley spared & said that Bud was good. And the fact that uncle boby has some media pull to get certain fighters name on the billboard......Bud is good but I wouldn't but him at the top. I say top 5 P4P for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
        I don't think anyone is saying Crawford had a better run at 140 than Bradley or Garcia. He's conquered the division but it's definitely much weaker than it was five years ago.

People are big on Crawford because he has pound-for-pound credentials and a skillset that will likely translate well to bigger weight classes. He conquered the 135 and 140 lb weight classes and the only real challenger in either division that he hasn't yet fought is Mikey Garcia. If Crawford carries his speed and power all the way to welterweight he will be seen as a huge threat to anyone in that division, Thurman or Spence or whoever.
        No, there is a huge size disparity between him and the other guys. Plus, the other guys are more athletic, have better chins, faster hand speed, and they hit harder. If Crawford had defense like Rigo or Floyd, I would favor him against anyone at 147. Since he doesn't, I don't give him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          Well Bradley spared & said that Bud was good. And the fact that uncle boby has some media pull to get certain fighters name on the billboard......Bud is good but I wouldn't but him at the top. I say top 5 for sure.
          I think a lot of you guys are expecting Crawford to be a superstar. The problem is he hasn't been marketed and he is not marketable.

Comment

Its not his fault that light welter was so weak, ironically its actually starting to pick up now hes moving up with the very talented prospects like josh taylor, prograis, lipinets, ramirez coming through.

p4p no.1 is definitely kinda ridiculous though, apart from a bunch of midgets hes only beaten 1 legit guy in Postol.
            If he beats thurman or spence and wins a belt at 147 then the p4p.no1 conversation can start imo.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              So Crawford unified all the trinkets at 140 and now people have him P4P #1 or close, but facts are his run of opponents weren't that great. Diaz and Postol were good but not great opponents. The rest are whatever. Molina, Lundy, and even Udango (who somehow captured two belts) are just ok wins. His reign at the division is similar to GGG before he fought Jacobs and Canelo. Just a bunch of decent wins in spectacular fashion, but nobody elite.

Garcia dominated highly regarded Lucas Matthysse and Amir Khan, two fights where he was the major underdog in. That alone is more than Crawford has done his entire career. Bradley beat undefeated guys like Peterson and Alexander with ease and also has scalps like Miguel Vasquez, Witter, and Holt.

So where's all the Crawford hype coming from? Does unifying all the trinkets at a division, against ok competition no less, mean that much today?
              Floyd and Andre are retired for a certain demographic of fans he’s the next guy up for them.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                Its not his fault that light welter was so weak, ironically its actually starting to pick up now hes moving up with the very talented prospects like josh taylor, prograis, lipinets, ramirez coming through.

p4p no.1 is definitely kinda ridiculous though, apart from a bunch of midgets hes only beaten 1 legit guy in Postol.
                If he beats thurman or spence and wins a belt at 147 then the p4p.no1 conversation can start imo.
                Loma is P4P 1 if he beats Rigo. You have to have a great name on your resum to be P4P 1. I personally think a win against Rigo is better than a win against Spence or Thurman because Rigo is a top 5 skilled fighter ever P4P

Comment

here we go.... everyone has their own legacy and why is it frowned upon to be excited about new talent? bud can scrap gee wiz... who said he had a better run than them anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                    I think a lot of you guys are expecting Crawford to be a superstar. The problem is he hasn't been marketed and he is not marketable.
                    or some of us that are boxing fans who are not caught up in the politics or marketing... we just like how he fights???????

Comment

Working...
                    X