Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: No Robbery at MSG, But Golovkin's Future Plans are Criminal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    No one cares about khaza phuk stan. This is what GGG and his fans don't get. No one cares about a phony defense streak that started when he didn't even have the real belt. Counting fights when he was the jr belt holder really? Fans also don't care about him grabbing paper belts and getting awarded belts outside the ring. We tired of seeing him go the easy route wasting fights with the wades of the world and Saunders is another wade. Mr 154 or 168? Turned into only 160 and even when he has 2 bigger fights at 160 he still makes excuses to after lame fights fans don't care about. SMH
    I hate people like you. Talk about entitled little *****es.

Who cares about Kazakstan? GGG does and there is nothing wrong with that. Floyd Mayweather rarely ever left Las Vegas when he got big. Andre Ward rarely leaves Oakland. Meanwhile GGG has fought in Panama more than he's fought at home. The vast majority of his fights have been in Germany or the US. He's even fought in Britain. If the guy wants to have one fight in his home why not? He's earned it.

Tired of seeing him go the easy route? If GGG has been taking the easy route what the hell has Jacobs been doing. Its amazing GGG is getting crap for whom he fought when the guy you want him to fight has fought pathetic competition by comparison.

Comment

• Lame article, of course he's gonna go for the WBO belt, it's the one remaining world title that eludes him! And yeah Saunders ain't great but he's unbeaten, so who wouldn't want to face an unbeaten world champion in the same weight class as yourself if he owns the one title that you have yet to claim? Opportunities to hold all 4 belts at once are extremely rare, last guy to achieve it was who? Bernard Hopkins when he beat Oscar de la Hoya 13 years ago I believe.

The Jacobs rematch can happen down the line. Let Jacobs fight Lemieux for the right to rematch Golovkin. Meantime, Golovkin can smash Saunders, cementing his position as middleweight no.1. Then he can either fight Canelo (let's face it, that's the fight we all want to see at 160) or the winner of Jacobs-Lemieux.

If he decides to fight Canelo, and wins, he can then defend the title against the winner of Jacobs-Lemieux straight after (early 2018).

Quit complaining. Boxing's in rude health. And Jacobs-Lemieux would be a helluva entertaining fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
        When will GGG's realize that outside of them, and a few novice fight fans. Nobody gives a **** about his pointless and meaningless belt quest. Never have, never will. F.uck his "personal goals." Especially when his "personal goals" include chasing after C level paper trinket holds and guys in lower divisions. GGG has ZERO legitimate reasons not to give Jacobs a rematch. Division supremacy isn't about collecting belts. Its about clearly beating all the guys that people believe are the best in the division. That's a solid number of folks that feel GGG lost to Jacobs. Even more that think the fight was close enough that had Jacobs got the decision, it would have been just. Give the man his rematch. Beat his ass. Remove all doubt. That's what real champions do.

GREAT post !

Comment

• Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
          Golovkin is already appearing at the expo with a fight. this has been planned for years. You think Jacobs is willing to go to Kazakhstan?

Clickbait article with zero substance.
          Was actually a good article with good points, and well written

Comment

• Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
            Lame article, of course he's gonna go for the WBO belt, it's the one remaining world title that eludes him! And yeah Saunders ain't great but he's unbeaten, so who wouldn't want to face an unbeaten world champion in the same weight class as yourself if he owns the one title that you have yet to claim? Opportunities to hold all 4 belts at once are extremely rare, last guy to achieve it was who? Bernard Hopkins when he beat Oscar de la Hoya 13 years ago I believe.

The Jacobs rematch can happen down the line. Let Jacobs fight Lemieux for the right to rematch Golovkin. Meantime, Golovkin can smash Saunders, cementing his position as middleweight no.1. Then he can either fight Canelo (let's face it, that's the fight we all want to see at 160) or the winner of Jacobs-Lemieux.

If he decides to fight Canelo, and wins, he can then defend the title against the winner of Jacobs-Lemieux straight after (early 2018).

Quit complaining. Boxing's in rude health. And Jacobs-Lemieux would be a helluva entertaining fight.
            Bernard wasn't a puzzy though and did a cw for the fight and the money, giftlovekin has yet to realize his worth, but he will once the ppv numbers come out

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
              When will GGG's realize that outside of them, and a few novice fight fans. Nobody gives a **** about his pointless and meaningless belt quest. Never have, never will. F.uck his "personal goals." Especially when his "personal goals" include chasing after C level paper trinket holds and guys in lower divisions. GGG has ZERO legitimate reasons not to give Jacobs a rematch. Division supremacy isn't about collecting belts. Its about clearly beating all the guys that people believe are the best in the division. That's a solid number of folks that feel GGG lost to Jacobs. Even more that think the fight was close enough that had Jacobs got the decision, it would have been just. Give the man his rematch. Beat his ass. Remove all doubt. That's what real champions do.
              What you haters don't realize is that in 20 years whenever someone talks about GGG vs. Jacobs they will know 3 things. 1. They actually fought 2. One guy got dropped and it wasn't GGG and 3: One guy won and it wasn't Jacobs. That's what matters. GGG and his team are looking at the big picture. All this bull**** about GGG ducking a Jacobs rematch will be forgotten. At the end of the day you can't duck a guy you fought, beat and dropped.

Secondly, I know you don't care about GGG's personal goal about collecting all the belts. Here is something you haters don't realize. f GGG gets all the major belts in the middleweight division anyone who wants to make any noise at 160 has to fight him. As long as one of those "trinkets" is floating around guys like Canelo, the Charlo brothers etc. have the ability to work around GGG. They could win a belt and spend the rest of their careers beating mandatories and hand picked opponents. If GGG has the belts they don't have that choice. If GGG has all the belts then all their accomplishments at 160 are meaningless. So is it about GGG's personal goals about securing his legacy? Hell yes. But it also gives GGG the leverage to get fights he might not get otherwise. Lord knows GGG only got the Jacobs fight because Jacobs had to fight him. Otherwise we would have seen Jacobs/Mora 3: The electric bugaloo instead of that great fight.
              Last edited by yankees7448; 03-21-2017, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluemax View Post
                I had Golovkin winning by three points but agree with the author it was a close fight. While I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch I'd like to see the rematch with far less weigh in shenanigans. Lets be honest here Jacobs team never planned on Danny fighting for the middleweight title as a middleweight. First, the initial weigh in was way, way, early allowing Jacobs a day and a half or so to rehydrate. Jacobs team knew all along that he couldn't pass the 10 pound over limit the day of the fight so dumped the IBF version of the title in order to have a huge weight advantage. Jacobs was fighting way, way over the limit and I believe that's the only reason he finished on his feet. I'd like to see a rematch but lets get back to weighing in 12 hours before the fight. If fighters want to fight as light heavyweights or cruiserweights than fight in that weight class. If Jacobs made weight like he should have he would have been drained since he's not really a middleweight. Why have weight classes when contracts can void them when fighting for a title. Don't think Jacobs would have anywhere near the success fighting fighters his own size like Kovalev or even Andre Ward. In a nutshell Jacobs, Stop pulling a Canelo and fight guys your own size
                How much did he weigh? Do you know? All I keep hearing is whining about weight, but the problem here is that everyone has this myth set in their head that jacobs was some huge guy with some huge weight advantage, which is false. Golovkin typically weighs 170-173, so even if jacobs was 180, or even 185...so what? How many times was floyd or Manny outweighed by 15 or 20 lbs? That doesn't matter though right? Giftlovekin gets all the little girls here all wet and protective.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  116-111 GGG? Sorry friend, gotta disagree. I can see it 2 points either way tops... and most agree.
                  Most agree Golovkin won the 12th which would have made it 116-111 on the official scorecards. The round was clear win to Golovkin for me. The only other round I can see is 116-112 with the 1st being even.

No way Jacobs won more than 5 rounds.Those who say he did are being generous or scoring on a curve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
                    Lame article, of course he's gonna go for the WBO belt, it's the one remaining world title that eludes him! And yeah Saunders ain't great but he's unbeaten, so who wouldn't want to face an unbeaten world champion in the same weight class as yourself if he owns the one title that you have yet to claim? Opportunities to hold all 4 belts at once are extremely rare, last guy to achieve it was who? Bernard Hopkins when he beat Oscar de la Hoya 13 years ago I believe.

basics!!!!

personally, I'd rather see Jacobs/Lemieux before GGG vs any of those two.

Comment

• I agree; the author gave Jacobs rounds 1 & 3.. why exactly?
                      GGG won rounds 1,3,4,5,8,9 & 12 with a knockdown and close rounds that could have went either way. Golovkin outlanded Jacobs in 9 of 12 rounds and put him down. I too would like to see a rematch, as Jacobs seems to be the only man at 160 to give GGG a genuine challenge. And good to see that 1 man wants all the belts. Do we really need all these 'champions'??
                      Step up Canelo..

Comment

Working...
                      X