Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to see Deontay Wilder KTFO by a russian cruiserweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont think there is a saltier poster on this site than earl...

so sad

like its Americas fault they have the best boxers? gtfo clown

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
      You need a good chin or Emanual Stewart to be successful at HW, and Wilder has neither. He has the power to knock anyone out, but you need more than power to rule the division.
      The power to knock anyone out? Lol. Based on what? The knockouts of Kevin Price, Kerston Maxwell and Damian Mcreary? (What)

He hasn't even took a step up to fight somebody like Jason Gavern yet..

I would like to see the kid be successful, but he has to step up soon. 26 fights against the level of competition is doing absolutely nothing for his career.... If anything it's hindering it, IMO.... You got European HW prospects who are already contenders after 15-18 fights (Pulev) I think thas the way Wilder should/should of be/been brought up because it will most definitely be a factor when he fights his first world class opponent, IMO.
      Last edited by King_; 01-05-2013, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
        I predict Wilder will have a good year in 2013.

He'll step up, KO some decent opponents and silence his critics.
        I agree to an extent, Wilder is the type of guy I can see breaking peoples hearts. I don't know what it is, but for some reason he just doesn't look impressive to me. I hope he does well, I'm rooting for him to have a big 2013 and add some excitement to the HW division.

There's some decent fights coming off now with this new crop of up and comers. Wlad still beats them all for the next few years at least, barring any type of anomaly I don't see him losing to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
          The power to knock anyone out? Lol. Based on what? The knockouts of Kevin Price, Kerston Maxwell and Damian Mcreary? (What)

He hasn't even took a step up to fight somebody like Jason Gavern yet..

I would like to see the kid be successful, but he has to step up soon. 26 fights against the level of competition is doing absolutely nothing for his career.... If anything it's hindering it, IMO.... You got European HW prospects who are already contenders after 15-18 fights (Pulev) I think thas the way Wilder should/should of be/been brought up because it will most definitely be a factor when he fights his first world class opponent, IMO.
          Yes, well most of the guys that do that, like Pulev, had extensive amateur backgrounds.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
            i dont think there is a saltier poster on this site than earl...

so sad

like its Americas fault they have the best boxers? gtfo clown
            Who said America has the best boxers? If that's so, surely that means America holds the most titles? If not, I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. Care to elaborate?

What's funny is you xall him sad and say he can't accept that etc etc......yet the two heavyiest divisions (HW and CW) have some of the most exciting up and coming prospects....... Yet you will never hear a word about those European dominated divisions in the States. Is that being "salty" as well? Oh the irony....

Comment

We'll see what happens with Wilder. He's clearly meant to be a project, and he may end up being legit eventually. Right now he's just not very good though.

Comment

Originally posted by raf727 View Post
                Yes, well most of the guys that do that, like Pulev, had extensive amateur backgrounds.
                Did you even read the OP? Wilder was a 2008 Olympic bronze medalist. It is what it is, but I wouldn't use that as an excuse..... Actually just more reason to sit back and wonder why he hasn't stepped up yet, if his Europeam counterparts have been fighting on a world level since their 15-18 fights.

Comment

That was a long time ago, these things happen lets see what improvements he can make and what he can learn.

Comment

Who said America has the best boxers? If that's so, surely that means America holds the most titles? If not, I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. Care to elaborate?

What's funny is you xall him sad and say he can't accept that etc etc......yet the two heavyiest divisions (HW and CW) have some of the most exciting up and coming prospects....... Yet you will never hear a word about those European dominated divisions in the States. Is that being "salty" as well? Oh the irony....
                    lol here we go. is that like willing blindness you have, or you actually believe what you just wrote? its ok either way, just dont repress the truth, just cause you dont agree with it...

all that earl does is try and bash american boxers, every chance he gets. to me, thats saltiness. if its not to you, thats cool too, but dont be silly about it. come on now...

Comment

Did you even read the OP? Wilder was a 2008 Olympic bronze medalist. It is what it is, but I wouldn't use that as an excuse..... Actually just more reason to sit back and wonder why he hasn't stepped up yet, if his Europeam counterparts have been fighting on a world level since their 15-18 fights.
                      Lol, ok bro since you clearly don't know. Wilder was a late comer into boxing switching sports, he barely had any amateur fights and he made it all the way to the Olympics and won the bronze.

Kubrat Pulev..."In February 2002, Pulev won the Strandja Cup, the oldest international boxing tournament in Europe", "At the European boxing championships 2004 in Pula he defeated world class Alexander Povernov (World Championships Bronze medalist 2005). Pulev did not qualify for the Olympics despite the fact that he won the last qualifying tournament in Gothenburg." "He beat Islam Timurziev at super heavyweight at the Strandja Cup 2005. At the EU Championships he lost the final 18:24 to Italian southpaw Roberto Cammarelle. At the 2005 World Amateur Boxing Championships he won bronze"...."In 2006, at the Chemiepokal he beat Vyacheslav Glazkov and Magomed Abdusalamov. He finished at third place at the European Championships i"...."In 2007. he won the Chemiepokal tournament and was regarded as one of the favorites at the 2007 World Amateur Boxing Championships,"....."In 2008, he won the Strandja Cup once again"...."He beat Jaroslavas Jakšto and Marko Tomasović to qualify for the Olympics 2008. There he was upset in his first bout by young Colombian Óscar Rivas."....
                      "In absence of Roberto Cammarelle, he beat Marko Tomasović, Roman Kapitonenko and Denis Sergeev to claim the European Championship.
                      At the 2009 World Amateur Boxing Championships he lost again to Roberto Cammarelle."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubrat_Pulev

Fact is Pulev operated at the highest level of amateur boxing competing against the best in the world for the better part of a decade, Wilder however didn't even start boxing until 2005 and by 2007 had won the US Nationals.

Not even close to a good point bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X