Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people say Pacquiao only won 2 rounds in the Floyd fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people say Pacquiao only won 2 rounds in the Floyd fight?

It was a close fight. Up until the 11th round. I had it even going into the 11th. Then Floyd won the 11th and 12th, making it 7-5 Floyd in my book.

I noticed in the HBO/Showtime commentary they were all over Floyd's dick, even though Floyd was fighting a little scared, not landing or throwing much, and Pacquiao was getting shots in.

My view of the fight was a lot closer to This video, but I still had Floyd winning 7-5. Pacquiao fought the wrong fight. He was fighting a 12 round fight, and you can't do that against mayweather. You have to fight round by round, putting it all on the table and taking what you can get, round by round, minute by minute. Pacquiao didn't give it all, and that's what it takes to beat the best fighter in the world. That's what it takes to be the best.

I had Pac winning zero rounds. McGregor did better

Comment

I guess the same reason some said they had pacquiao winning. They don't know how to score a fight or blinded by their fanism

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
        It was a close fight. Up until the 11th round. I had it even going into the 11th. Then Floyd won the 11th and 12th, making it 7-5 Floyd in my book.

I noticed in the HBO/Showtime commentary they were all over Floyd's dick, even though Floyd was fighting a little scared, not landing or throwing much, and Pacquiao was getting shots in.

My view of the fight was a lot closer to This video, but I still had Floyd winning 7-5. Pacquiao fought the wrong fight. He was fighting a 12 round fight, and you can't do that against mayweather. You have to fight round by round, putting it all on the table and taking what you can get, round by round, minute by minute. Pacquiao didn't give it all, and that's what it takes to beat the best fighter in the world. That's what it takes to be the best.

Because they're idiots and they believe whatever the commentators tell them. There is a Top Rank commentary out there somewhere with Andre Ward and Col Bob Sheridan which is by far the best commentary on the fight, actually calling it play by play and not draining the fun out of it.

I thought it was 5-3 after 8 and 9 was mighty close. 10 Pac prob won so I could see a 7-5 scorecard, but I had it 8-4. I think anything between 9-3 and 7-5 was about right. For me it was a fight where it was still up for grabs and then Floyd closed the show, and actually if it was called that way, would have been more exciting for the fans

Thats what pissed me off most was that it was misinterpreted by most of the media as an easy fight, whereas it was actually a difficulty but tactical fight. This misinterpretation was then fed to the fans, and I really feel that most people missed the essence of the fight, which was a good one. But the commentators have a big effect on the fans, and the enjoyment unfortunately.
        Last edited by sunny31; 01-31-2019, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
          I had Pac winning zero rounds. McGregor did better
          Of course. That's the score one would expect from Floyd is TBE. You are a good loyal Mayweather worshiper.

Comment

Why are you still talking about this fight? There is so much interesting stuff happening in boxing right now.

Comment

I thought he won at least 4 rounds but I thought Mayweather won. I think only a bias Mayweather fan or Pacquiao hater or a combination of both would give Pacquiao only 2 rounds.

Comment

I gave Pac 2 rounds (4 and 6) and that's it. Maybe one other close round somewhere in there.

Comment

It was a terrible fight, but a close one, Floyd fought scared, Manny came to fight but this fight didnt even deserve a winner. Floyd didnt even try to fight, he just ran and potshotted since he already paid the judges off. Terrible terrible fight, Floyd didnt really win many clear rounds but neither did Manny. It was a disgrace and should be forgotten, the sport is still hurting from that particular fight, so many casual fans never ever came back to the sport after witnessing that overhyped disgrace of a fight.

Comment

why is this even still a topic?

Comment

Working...
                    X