No announcement yet.

Conspiracy Theories

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiracy Theories

If you think Horn actually won that robbery last night, this thread is not for you.

Please do the rest of us a favor and put your tinfoil hat back on, resume your chanting, or keep trying to communicate with your extraterrestrial relatives on planet Shambala.

This thread is for rational folks and thinkers.

We will start with the premise that what happened last night was engineered and on purpose.

We will start with the premise that as long as Horn ended the fight upright, the outcome was never in doubt.

So the question is, who and why?

My theory is simple.

Arum knows Pac can't beat either of the two guys he REALLY should have been fighting, Thurman or Spence.

And he knows there is not much better odds of him beating other rising stars and champs like Swift, Porter or Bud.

So he pays to have his own fighter robbed, knowing there is a rematch clause.

Knowing that, at least in the short term, it will end all talk of Manny ever having to fight any of those young lions.

But, now he also has everyone's attention where Manny is concerned and Pac becomes as sympathetic and as admired a figure as he has ever been.

Of course, Pac's natural humility plays right into it...or maybe Pac is actually in on it- more on that in a second.

Now we have a built in excuse not to fight any real threat for the the rest of this year, and we have all the ingredients we need to start hyping a PPV that will easily do 1M buys in November.

And we have the possibility of really fanning the hype flames if it becomes a farewell fight in Manny's native Phillipines...and how many of you are willing to bet money that is coming?

Maybe that is why Manny took the loss so well, had zero complaints about what was so clearly a robbery.

Manny complained about the draw with Marquez and that was closer; Manny complained about the loss to Bradley and that was closer; and we have seen Manny very vocal in other fights that clearly required less complaining based on what actually happened in the ring.

So, maybe Pac knew what time it was yesterday too.

As I said earlier, this is a thread for rational folks and thinkers.

So all rebuttals are welcome, feel free to shoot all the holes you like thru my theories and statements.

Thoughts?

Bob made damn dure this fight happened. He stopped the Khan fight to get it done.

Comment

All I know is this.
      If u wanna leave Top Rank you're most definitely taking a L.

Lawsuit or Loss

Comment

Maybe PAC is realizing he can't go on forever..

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Bob made damn dure this fight happened. He stopped the Khan fight to get it done.
          Yeah, he did.

Gotta wonder why since there was supposed to be a crapload of money on the table...but, I understand Arum might not have been in full control of that one.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
            If you think Horn actually won that robbery last night, this thread is not for you.

Please do the rest of us a favor and put your tinfoil hat back on, resume your chanting, or keep trying to communicate with your extraterrestrial relatives on planet Shambala.

This thread is for rational folks and thinkers.

We will start with the premise that what happened last night was engineered and on purpose.

We will start with the premise that as long as Horn ended the fight upright, the outcome was never in doubt.

So the question is, who and why?

My theory is simple.

Arum knows Pac can't beat either of the two guys he REALLY should have been fighting, Thurman or Spence.

And he knows there is not much better odds of him beating other rising stars and champs like Swift, Porter or Bud.

So he pays to have his own fighter robbed, knowing there is a rematch clause.

Knowing that, at least in the short term, it will end all talk of Manny ever having to fight any of those young lions.

But, now he also has everyone's attention where Manny is concerned and Pac becomes as sympathetic and as admired a figure as he has ever been.

Of course, Pac's natural humility plays right into it...or maybe Pac is actually in on it- more on that in a second.

Now we have a built in excuse not to fight any real threat for the the rest of this year, and we have all the ingredients we need to start hyping a PPV that will easily do 1M buys in November.

And we have the possibility of really fanning the hype flames if it becomes a farewell fight in Manny's native Phillipines...and how many of you are willing to bet money that is coming?

Maybe that is why Manny took the loss so well, had zero complaints about what was so clearly a robbery.

Manny complained about the draw with Marquez and that was closer; Manny complained about the loss to Bradley and that was closer; and we have seen Manny very vocal in other fights that clearly required less complaining based on what actually happened in the ring.

So, maybe Pac knew what time it was yesterday too.

As I said earlier, this is a thread for rational folks and thinkers.

So all rebuttals are welcome, feel free to shoot all the holes you like thru my theories and statements.

Thoughts?

You pretty much summed it up. Business is business. No percentage in letting Manny win the first one. Not saying Arum had anything to do with it but fight was in the bag to force a rematch and more cash to flow into Brisbane, the fighters and the promoters. Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by pago007 View Post
              all i know is this.
              If u wanna leave top rank you're most definitely taking a l.

Lawsuit or loss

ding ding ding

Comment

Nope. I Know u dont want this in this thread, but I think Jeff Horn Won A Close Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
                  Nope. I Know u dont want this in this thread, but I think Jeff Horn Won A Close Fight.
                  you can think whatever you want. but the fact is that some of the most controversial scoring in major fights in the history of boxing just happens to coincidentally occur when a star is on the final fight of his top rank contract and refuses to sign an extension before the fight.

this is nothing new. been going on for decades. fighters are warned/taught to not try to leave top rank because this is what happens if you try.

fighters have admitted publicly before that arum has told them he has WBO judges in his back pocket and can control the outcome.

pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
                    you can think whatever you want. but the fact is that some of the most controversial scoring in major fights in the history of boxing just happens to coincidentally occur when a star is on the final fight of his top rank contract and refuses to sign an extension before the fight.

this is nothing new. been going on for decades. fighters are warned/taught to not try to leave top rank because this is what happens if you try.

fighters have admitted publicly before that arum has told them he has WBO judges in his back pocket and can control the outcome.

pay attention.
                    This is very interesting. I'm hoping there's someone bored enough out there to look into this and present some solid evidence. Well, it doesn't have to be someone bored, somebody with a great memory would probably do.

Comment

Working...
                    X