Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people over exxagerating the stoppage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people over exxagerating the stoppage?

Some are calling it brutal, some are calling in 'destruction, and some are just saying it is a brutal destruction, when in reality Wlad barely got hit in the final three seconds before the stoppage. He was slipping and catching shots with his gloves while his head leaned away from the punches, and only gets hit with grazing shots, and finished on his feet. Yet people pretend like it was how Hatton and Pacquiao lost by KO.

People are more concerned with their thoughts and their emotions vs the health of a boxer. It wasn't early as much as it was a bad spot Wlad was in. They all know that once they get hit and knocked down multiple times, they have to show the ref they are still in a good position to continue. He was but poof. We saw what happened.

Comment

Please stop bringing Manny up. Boxing fans want to celebrate what we saw yesterday from Joshua and wlad.

Comment

I agree, it was a good KO, but in the world of brutal KOs it doesn't even rank.

Comment

Stoppages are because you fear for what might happen. But i think Wlad was intelligently defending himself, well i know he was. But Josh unloading is scary and i think the ref was scared more than anything. The ref was thinking if josh was hitting him like that hed want a ref to protect him.
          So the ref was seeing it from third person. The way Bruce lee did when sparring.

Comment

Does it really matter how brutal it was? The ref deemed it necessary to stop it because after two KDs, where he was obviously hurt, he still wasn't responding well. Why is it so hard to accept the loss? Now we have to create different degrees of stoppage. For what purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by Bravado View Post
              People are more concerned with their thoughts and their emotions vs the health of a boxer. It wasn't early as much as it was a bad spot Wlad was in. They all know that once they get hit and knocked down multiple times, they have to show the ref they are still in a good position to continue. He was but poof. We saw what happened.
              Yeah, this. After 2 KDs, Wlad needed to at least be throwing back and not just covering up. I have no problem whatsoever with the stoppage, and Wlad didn't either. But I agree that AJ was not landing anything of consequence, and I'll always be curious if Wlad could have withstood that sequence, if AJ may have emptied his tank again, and could have been ripe for the taking. Watch AJ when the fight is called off, he turned around and walked back as if he was ready to die.

It might not be as good as the first fight, but I want to see a rematch.

Comment

I would of liked to see it go 12 but it's wlads health at the end of the day and there was still a lot of time in the round to do some real perminant damage to him I think it was the right stoppage once he stopped throwing and was just a punching bag after 2 kds it's time to throw in the towel.

Comment

TS you raise a good point, I'm a fan of both fighters so no bias here. I saw the Compubox stats and it says that Joshua threw 49 punches in round 11. Wladimir was defending a lot of the punches at the end, when the referee stops the fight Wladimir straight away says something. We don't know for sure what would have happened, but it was a fair call as well.

Comment

Who is calling it a brutal destruction? Even the media here aren't doing so after hyping Joshua up all week. So am not sure who you are referring to.

Comment

Working...
                    X