Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carlos Molina... anyone disappointed with this fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Molina... anyone disappointed with this fight?

Surely Broner could have fought someone like John Molina atleast.

Yup................slap in the face to hardcore fans but they hoping casual fans gonna be like " he stopped him quicker than khan did"

Comment

lol everyone..yes even flomos

Comment

Does it really matter which no hoper with the surname Molina he fights?

Yes, John Molina at least has some power (at lightweight), but another way to look at it is that he didn't last a round against DeMarco (whom Broner outclassed), whereas Carlos Molina went 10 rounds with Khan.

Neither is really a challenge for Broner, but that's the point. The purpose of this fight is for Broner to regain (some of) his confidence and (hopefully) test out a new style.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post

Yes, John Molina at least has some power (at lightweight), but another way to look at it is that he didn't last a round against DeMarco (whom Broner outclassed), whereas Carlos Molina went 10 rounds with Khan.

Neither is really a challenge for Broner, but that's the point. The purpose of this fight is for Broner to regain (some of) his confidence and (hopefully) test out a new style.
          Carlos Molina isn't even fit to be a sparring partner for Broner. Add to this he hasn't fought since losing to Khan a year and a half ago. How they can justify this opponent as a PPV undercard fight is beyond me. On a PPV card I expect all fights to be competitive to some degree, this isn't in the slightest, Molina is an absolute no hoper. There are tune ups, and rebuilding fights, then there's flat out facing tomato cans.

Shocking fight.
          Last edited by Targaryen; 03-29-2014, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
            Carlos Molina isn't even fit to be a sparring partner for Broner. Add to this he hasn't fought since losing to Khan a year and a half ago. How they can justify this opponent as a PPV undercard fight is beyond me. On a PPV card I expect all fights to be competitive to some degree, this isn't in the slightest, Molina is an absolute no hoper. There are tune ups, and rebuilding fights, then there's flat out facing tomato cans.

Shocking fight.
            I agree somewhat. But Maidana was supposed to be a walk in the park for Broner. It was supposed to be an showcase for Broner's skills. Remember this is the guy Devon Alexander made look like a clown. Remember Broner in the corner after the 2nd round "everyone calm the **** down(high pitched voice)" you could see the lack of belief in his face. He's starting over. And anyone that doesn't hate him blindly can understand that. Jesus just give the guy a break. No one *****ed about Dulorme rebuilding. Broner will come again

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post

This guys hasn't fought in a year and a half and his biggest win was getting to fight Amir Khan

Comment

It is a super terrible fight, the guy hasnt even beaten a top 100 LW and now he's fighting a Welterweight in broner on one of the years biggest cards? How do guys like him get so lucky, i dont understand. There's so much money to be mad if you're a mediocre mexican prospect. Look at Cano, Periban and Molina

Comment

No doubt. It's embarrassing.

That shows the little confidence his team has in him. I think he might have wanted a better fighter but ultimately his team decides what's best for him and his career.

Hopefully, that 0.0000000000000000000001% chance of Molina winning by KO actually does happen. That would make the year right there.

Comment

People were conplaining even when it was John Molina. Now Lucas is fighting john and no one is complaining lol typical

Comment

Working...
                    X