Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez, Gennady Golovkin Battle To a Split Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And as a long time listener, first time caller, i'd like to call out Kushking to explain all the vitriol hes spewed leading up to this. Kushtards must be smoking some weeedstuff and loving pipedreams to golovweed some canelohash. cause boxtards hastags facknuts. actual analysis minus the ad hominem seem to be impossible.

Comment

• GGG is a fraud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! A DRAW!? LOL. Come the **** on. I was CONVINCED if it went to the cards Canelo had it in the bag. Seriously. Not on corruption but because i didnt think GGG could outpoint Canelo. BUT CLEARLY??? I'm not even so much impressed with GGG so much as i am disappointed with Canelo. But you know what? GGG is STILL CHAMPION. Canelo's response "if they want it?" put your tail over your balls in shame dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        Damn Gennady Golovkin is so overhyped. Definitely not anywhere near one of the greatest middleweights of all time.
        Stupid AF for that comment, GGG whooped his a ss. Don't know what the heck u saw. Canelo ran the mayweather playbook and lost.

Comment

• Literally zero people who actually saw the fight saw canelo run it. Although its hilarious to hear the english analysts factor in mexican fans. "well there were a lot of mexicans in the audience!" lol. dont make it about race. You're just undermining the opinions of the real fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotdogdragon View Post
            GGG is a fraud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! A DRAW!? LOL. Come the **** on. I was CONVINCED if it went to the cards Canelo had it in the bag. Seriously. Not on corruption but because i didnt think GGG could outpoint Canelo. BUT CLEARLY??? I'm not even so much impressed with GGG so much as i am disappointed with Canelo. But you know what? GGG is STILL CHAMPION. Canelo's response "if they want it?" put your tail over your balls in shame dude.
            A Fraud?? Wtf? He just beat the he'll out of a 27 year old in his prime. Appreciate his boxing u dick. I agree he didn't go to the body at all but canelo ran all night like a Lil bit ch. If he hadn't ran GGG would of KO'd him. Only option canelo had to "draw" lol smh. Viva GGG!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jr2122 View Post
              I'll defend it. It was a draw.

Canelo outboxed him easily the first 3 rounds but was throwing a lot of his power punches from too far away hoping they land. He gassed by the 5th losing the middle rounds with a few close rounds (i think 6,9 & 10). Then he dug deep and closed the show strong in the last 3 rounds narrowing the lead and resulting in a draw. Aside from the 118-110 the other two judges had it close, it wasn't a robbery.

All in all it was a great fight with the older fighter using his experience and pacing himself Canelo needs to do a better job at being efficient with his power shots and conserving his energy. In a rematch i think it favors the counter puncher and younger fighter, can't wait!
              Yo canelo won rds 2, 3 , 10, 11, and 12 lol other than that GGG whooped his ass all night. A 35 yr old champ beat a 27 yr old. Cmon man. If u the champ and they don't beat u convincingly then u still champ! Viva GGG!

Comment

• Read my previous posts, or even the entire post you replied to. We're on the same page bud. GGG won that fight by one or two rounds easy.

Comment

• I just wanted to have it in big writing that i said GGG was a fraud. Even though i've never believed that. I guess i should've put some ???? marks in there so as to be less confusing about my intentions and stance.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotdogdragon View Post
                    Literally zero people who actually saw the fight saw canelo run it. Although its hilarious to hear the english analysts factor in mexican fans. "well there were a lot of mexicans in the audience!" lol. dont make it about race. You're just undermining the opinions of the real fans.
                    cause all mexicans cheer for canelo is what i meant. duh. (obviously not true[myself included] lol)" and by english i mean islanders cause thats the commentary i heard/saw. Amir khan has a serious canelo boner after being KO'd, although you can FEEL him struggling to deny than GGG edged out a win.
                    Last edited by hotdogdragon; 09-17-2017, 04:51 AM.

Comment

• Just watched the fight again ..... Good scrap fair play

Canelo did better than I expected to be fair

Wasn't busy enough for me though to win the fight

Had GGG by two rounds . That's being generous to nelo too

Looking at the cards he was winning some rounds by running and landing one counter

Thought it was only mayweather fights that get scored like that

Look forward to the rematch

Comment

Working...
                      X