ESPN's double standard shows when hosts speak out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2111 View Post
    Not all racists are supremacists.

Some people look out for their own race, but don't consider themselves to be the superior race.

Look up the word supremacist and see what it means.

Obama may have preferred his own people and disliked white people, but never went around claiming that blacks are the superior race. So he's a racist, but probably not a supremacist.

Malcolm X was worst that a racist, he was a supremacist. He claimed black people are the superior race and white people are devils.

Trump is neither racist nor supremacist, it's a ridiculous accusation.

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
      his beef with ESPN seems to be their non-stop politics, more than the usual he normally finds on fox sports. he mentioned nothing about liberals. take your meds, man.
      Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
      Corporations are their owners so those communist pundits should watch their tongue, they have no free speech when master pays them. The fine ESPN corporation did what any boss is entitled to do by the constitution, screw their employees and their rights, 'MURICA!
      Originally posted by //// View Post
      When I see people call fox right wing I understand why they "hate the right wing".

Too bad they've never heard/seen any actual right wing viewpoints in their life and are just choosing between 5 brands of liberal.
      Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
      ESPN is no different than any other MSM outlet. They are going to always push and agenda. Being they are owned by Disney there are going to take the supposed 'progressive left' posture. Gone are the days of impartial journalism. Today it's all about pushing the party line of identity politics. It's ****ing pathetic.

Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, ABC News, CBS and all of their affiliates will push the political agenda regardless of facts or truth. They are all 'fake news'.....
      Originally posted by Freedom2111 View Post
      ESPN and CNN have no objectivity, and neither do you.
      Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      I totally agree.

Sports is the one thing in the nation that unites people and gives them a break from everyday struggles. No need to be so political in coverage. Just talk sports
      Hank Williams Jr said Obama is Hitler. Is he still doing the intro song to monday night football on ESPN?

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
        lolllll I'm a liberal you dumbass. The only biased I have is for sports channels to talk about sports.

Talking about race issues on a sports channel isn't liberal as much as it is ******ed.
        I heard a discussion on ESPN radio once....they were talking about NFL positions that were white dominated and positions that were black dominated. I couldn't believe what I was hearing on a mainstream station.

BTW I think this woman needs to be either severely reprimanded (like a 3 month suspension) or fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Hank Williams Jr said Obama is Hitler. Is he still doing the intro song to monday night football on ESPN?
          Wtf does any of that have to do with espn talking way too much politics

Huge difference between espn using a song that's been used for decades sung by a guy that once called obama Hitler, and the actual staff, they pay and hire, doing nothing but liberal politics at their actual work.

People can say whatever on their own time, but when it's actually AT WORK, that's another story

But I know workplace conduct is not something you are familiar with since you are unemployed

Comment

epsn has been unwatchable for several years now. i don't know anybody who still watched sportscenter, first take, any of that sh#t.

i used to like mike and mike, but i won't support that network enough to even get it on my cable subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              epsn has been unwatchable for several years now. i don't know anybody who still watched sportscenter, first take, any of that sh#t.

i used to like mike and mike, but i won't support that network enough to even get it on my cable subscription.
              Totally agree.. it was great thru the 90s and early 2000s, but then about 10-12 years ago they started to embrace "debate" and started getting all the talking heads with their hot takes..

Much like how MTV abandoned music for reality tv shows, espn abandoned sportstalk, for hot takes and politics..

Comment

Garbage network pandering to a no-talent pig who is along for the ride. This is the state of affairs in mainstream media now. All networks are circling the toilet with political agendas, some more subliminal than others.

Comment

Im gonna defend ESPN here.

They dont just hire left leaning talking heads.

They give Will Cain a big platform, a guy who is a self proclaimed right winger, and who amongst other things defends people who fly the confederate flag. On the air by the way, not just on his own time.

They allowed several talking heads to bash Colin Kaepernick for what he did.

Jemele Hill did in fact do this on her own time, ESPN doesnt own her twitter account, but she got reprimanded publicly and for sure, if it continues to happen there will be further consequences.

All I see here are crybabies wanting to point fingers.

Why does ESPN allow politics into their programming? Because sociopolitical issues affect the world/business of sports in a way some of you seem to not understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Totally agree.. it was great thru the 90s and early 2000s, but then about 10-12 years ago they started to embrace "debate" and started getting all the talking heads with their hot takes..

Much like how MTV abandoned music for reality tv shows, espn abandoned sportstalk, for hot takes and politics..
                    Exactly.

ESPN went from the network to watch for sports coverage to a network that employs political hacks and people like Rome, Smith, and Bayless who loudly spew absolute nonsense solely to get attention.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                      Jemele Hill did in fact do this on her own time, ESPN doesnt own her twitter account, but she got reprimanded publicly and for sure, if it continues to happen there will be further consequences.
                      Kurt Schilling said what he said on Facebook on his own time and he got fired.

And its happened previous with this particular broadcaster. She got reprimanded previously for comparing the Celtics to Hitler.

Try a better batch of excuses.

Comment

Working...
                      X