Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All aboard the "Canelo waited til GGG got old doe" excuse train.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    I mean he did just take three utterly pointless fights purely to stall on facing Golovkin. At age 35 and under VADA testing, that lost year and a half is not going to help Golovkin, is it?

I've always viewed it as a close fight though (otherwise I wouldn't want to see it so much)
    Yeah but he now finally signed the contract so all of that has been forgotten and forgiven. Just the way NSB works.

Comment

hes still got more than enough in the tank to smash up that diva...

Comment

Facts are not excuses. 35 is past a boxers prime.

Comment

Yall know me. I'm an OG like several others, been saying Alvarez will KO Golovkin for a hot minute! I'm a GGG fans worst nightmare up in dis beotch!

I even praised Matthysse on his comeback before his KO, and the Maxi style Argentinians didn't even support him. utter garbage.

As I'Ve always said here, KARMA!

Comment

Well.................................

It's kind of true........... and I am pretty confident if it's close and goes to the judges that Canelo will get the absurd nod. 114-114

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              There's all sorts of AJ fans trying to give him extra credit by saying Wlad was better than he's ever been, etc. I do think his mind was focused and rejuvenated, if you will, but his punch quality was horrid. The jab has no power any more, left hook was muscled and sloppy, terrible accuracy all-around. He was a far cry from a prime Wlad. I do think it was a good win for AJ, but Wlad is old.

On the other hand, I think Golovkin looked fine in his last fight. I blame any shortcomings on the Sanchez gameplan.
              I hate Wlad and think he's been absolutely terrible for the sport but I think you gotta be crazy not to recognize he was the best we've seen from him in recent years. Or just going back one fight he looked like a coward journeyman against Fury. Huge difference in mentality for Wlad from being a champ and protecting the belts vs being a challenger and trying to take the belts. Dude was bouncing on his toes, dodging punches using head movement and generally standing in front of Joshua. When have we ever seen Wlad fight like that? Still old to be sure, but definitely better and a different kind of fighting style in recent years.

Now of course, that doesn't mean Joshua should get a pass for nearly getting stopped. He can be hurt and he has a big problem with fatigue/conditioning. To his credit he came back and won, which great fighters need to be able to do, but on the other hand he got lucky Wlad took his foot off the pedal and allowed Joshua to recover in the following two rounds (if Wlad would have pressed the action immediately after the knockdown round, maybe Wpad stops him).

Anyways, regarding Canelo and Golovkin, my whole thing is this - Canelo had fought guys that were only there to make him look good. Chavez, Liam Smith and Khan had no business fighting Canelo. Golovkin fought Jacobs who is the #2 middleweight and a good fighter. Now flip it- would Canelo walk through Jacobs? Of course not, he'd struggle at the bery least, maybe even lose, and Golovkin would just as easily walk through Chavez, Khan and Smith.

In boxing you're only as good as you're last fight, no matter the skill of opponent, so of course the perception is now Canelo is going to win. That's boxing fans for ya, short term memory! I think it's a 50/50 fight and will boil down to who gets hurt first (it's that type of fight, not going the distance).

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                I hate Wlad and think he's been absolutely terrible for the sport but I think you gotta be crazy not to recognize he was the best we've seen from him in recent years. Or just going back one fight he looked like a coward journeyman against Fury. Huge difference in mentality for Wlad from being a champ and protecting the belts vs being a challenger and trying to take the belts. Dude was bouncing on his toes, dodging punches using head movement and generally standing in front of Joshua. When have we ever seen Wlad fight like that? Still old to be sure, but definitely better and a different kind of fighting style in recent years.

Now of course, that doesn't mean Joshua should get a pass for nearly getting stopped. He can be hurt and he has a big problem with fatigue/conditioning. To his credit he came back and won, which great fighters need to be able to do, but on the other hand he got lucky Wlad took his foot off the pedal and allowed Joshua to recover in the following two rounds (if Wlad would have pressed the action immediately after the knockdown round, maybe Wpad stops him).

Anyways, regarding Canelo and Golovkin, my whole thing is this - Canelo had fought guys that were only there to make him look good. Chavez, Liam Smith and Khan had no business fighting Canelo. Golovkin fought Jacobs who is the #2 middleweight and a good fighter. Now flip it- would Canelo walk through Jacobs? Of course not, he'd struggle at the bery least, maybe even lose, and Golovkin would just as easily walk through Chavez, Khan and Smith.

In boxing you're only as good as you're last fight, no matter the skill of opponent, so of course the perception is now Canelo is going to win. That's boxing fans for ya, short term memory! I think it's a 50/50 fight and will boil down to who gets hurt first (it's that type of fight, not going the distance).
                I remember SATAN saying more than a year ago that Nelo was no match for Golovkin, now it's 50/50 huh...

Look what you wrote man..

you're saying Alvarez chose particular fights to look better and that Golovkin ''chose'' Jacobs. lol. Dude, the WBA ordered that bout when media ran the story that the WBA wasn't honoring the Brook vs GGG bout... whadyadknow! Jacobs and Golovkin didn't want to fight each other, they were ordered to!

You also just casually didn't even mention Lara or Trout but you said ''#2 Jacobs..''

then you had Wade who wasn't even the mando it was Johnson. K2 could'Ve easily appealed and ruined the integrity of the IBF had they said ''we refuse to fight an incarcerated househeld boxer with two weeks notice as it could be detrimental to his health..'''

but nooo, ''it was his mando.''

Clowns at NSB...

easy schooling

Comment

It's like some users on this board are freaking clones. They all spew the same talking points for every damn fight. **** is ridiculous.

Comment

Lara or trout never ever had the power to knock Connello out, Golokovin has the power to tear his head off. Big difference stop it with limited fighters of Connellos past none of them would last 12 rounds with GGG

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      I hate Wlad and think he's been absolutely terrible for the sport
                      WHAT?!?!? The guy fought any and everybody without pause. Never no diva shit with Wlad. When he lost to Fury he became the B-side and accepted his role and didn't complain. The same when he fought Joshua. Wlad is what I wish every boxer was.

Comment

Working...
                      X