Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Fury vs. Joshua Should Be in America - NOT The UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Fury vs. Joshua Should Be in America - NOT The UK

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, who co-promotes heavyweight contender Tyson Fury, believes a huge showdown with Anthony Joshua should take place in the United States - and not the UK. Arum explains that a fight between the two heavyweight names would make far more money in the United States - although the contest would surely be the biggest domestic fight to be made on UK soil, and easily a 90,000 sellout event at Wembley Stadium.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Biggest British fight ever

Put it in Vegas

Comment

This is why I laugh inside my head every time a UK fan jumps on here, and discusses US PPVs and UK PPVs in the same context.

It's totally different, US PPV cost more, and generate MUCH more than UK PPVS, also match room, and everyone else in the UK have watered down the concept of PPV to the point that someone like Dillian Whyte is considered a PPV star.

I am with arum 1000%, it would be a big spectacle in the UK, but would generate chump change compared to what the center of the boxing universe would do with the same fight.

Comment

put up the money and be done with it.

Comment

Arum has went full on ******-mode lately.

This fight would probably be the biggest fight in UK history if they do it up right (what is the current biggest fight in UK history for anyone who happens to know btw?).

Its just another big fight in the US & not as big as it could be. Not sure how things shake out money-wise, but the one thing I know it is shakes out best for Arum money-wise if its in the US & thats the main reason he's saying something silly like this.

Dumbest thing Fury has done is make this TR/ESPN deal. I hope it hurries up & ends cuz its not going to do Fury much good that I can see. Would love for someone to bump this in 18 months & say I'm wrong doe with some legit facts, but I foresee bs fights & fights no one cares about as much as the big fights Fury coulda made by himself & with Warren right now w/o TR or ESPN.

Comment

Bob talking rubbish

Comment

As a fan I'd rather see it in England with 90 thousand but this is the fight business, massive profit if in the US. Million people will not buy if its at a strange hour. Bob is right financially. I still don't like Arum though.

Comment

I personally don't care where it's at, make it happen without the marinating.

Comment

I’m not gonna pretend to be a businessman or an accountant. But I did visit London last year. And based solely on how little value the American dollar has when compared to the British pound. I don’t see how what Arum is saying is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Arum has went full on ******-mode lately.

This fight would probably be the biggest fight in UK history if they do it up right (what is the current biggest fight in UK history for anyone who happens to know btw?).

Its just another big fight in the US & not as big as it could be. Not sure how things shake out money-wise, but the one thing I know it is shakes out best for Arum money-wise if its in the US & thats the main reason he's saying something silly like this.

Dumbest thing Fury has done is make this TR/ESPN deal. I hope it hurries up & ends cuz its not going to do Fury much good that I can see. Would love for someone to bump this in 18 months & say I'm wrong doe with some legit facts, but I foresee bs fights & fights no one cares about as much as the big fights Fury coulda made by himself & with Warren right now w/o TR or ESPN.
                    I would say Lewis-Bruno, but I’m not 100% sure. Froch-Groves 2 must be up there

It would be crazy to host the fight anywhere but Wembley

Comment

Working...
                    X