No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Rigondeaux, Ceja - Face To Face, Final Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Brother, Rigondeaux is simply boring. He just doesn’t throw punches. If his opponent, no matter how inferior, doesn’t throw punches, neither does Rigo. That’s not entertaining to watch in any sense. My favorite Rigo fight — by far — was his showdown with Donaire, a fight I attended. It was a masterclass, and put Rigo’s skill and talent on full display. Sadly, and maddeningly, most of Guillermo’s other bouts were like watching paint dry. And his quit-job versus Loma killed any and all interest I ever had in him.
    I envy you for being at that fight. Saw it and was forever a rigo fan. Again rigo did what did he did to win the fight. Never more. Unfortunately for him and us. He won without risk. Boring for most. I enjoy him.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
      I envy you for being at that fight. Saw it and was forever a rigo fan. Again rigo did what did he did to win the fight. Never more. Unfortunately for him and us. He won without risk. Boring for most. I enjoy him.
      I’m glad you enjoy him, man. Not too many people do. And, trust me, I enjoy a good technician. Rigo was always just too inactive for me. So frustrating. His fight versus Nonito was quite different. I enjoyed it a lot, even when Rigo slowed down in the middle rounds. I was proud of him then. How times have changed....

Comment

I’m glad you enjoy him, man. Not too many people do. And, trust me, I enjoy a good technician. Rigo was always just too inactive for me. So frustrating. His fight versus Nonito was quite different. I enjoyed it a lot, even when Rigo slowed down in the middle rounds. I was proud of him then. How times have changed....
        I admire Rigo's mastery of his craft but yeah... seriously, the dude is two levels above most of his opponents and I can't grasp how he never seemed to understand the need to put on a bit of a show.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          I admire Rigo's mastery of his craft but yeah... seriously, the dude is two levels above most of his opponents and I can't grasp how he never seemed to understand the need to put on a bit of a show.
          You know what I’m saying? He fought a guy named Willie Casey in Ireland after a completely uninspiring performance in his previous bout against Ricardo Córdoba. It seemed Rigo wanted to make a statement, because he blew Casey out of the water in the first round. I hoped it was a sign of things to come, but I was terribly wrong. Apart from the Donaire fight, Rigo consistently did as little as possible to win a fight.

I have since come to the conclusion that Rigondeaux just doesn’t care what anyone thinks, beginning with the fans. He just doesn’t care. The Lomachenko fight was only the latest example. So why should the fans care? Fuck him.

Comment

What do yiur think of his performance tonight

Looks
            Like he tried to change style to please the action type fans.

He was in the pocket most of the time.

He just said exactly that in the post fight interview.

Comment

What do yiur think of his performance tonight

Looks
              Like he tried to change style to please the action type fans.

He was in the pocket most of the time.

He just said exactly that in the post fight interview.
              I’m away on business, and I couldn’t catch the fight, but I just watched a clip of the KO. Holy shit! That’s what Rigo was always capable of delivering. Few people understood his power, because he rarely opened up. Here’s a 38 year-old-man in a lower weight class, delivering bone crunching power.

On the flip side, one of my buddies who watched the fight tells me Rigo fought uncharacteristically, that he took too many punches and got rocked a couple of times. Yes, he obviously wanted to deliver the goods. And he did. But at what cost? And is it too little, too late?

Expand on your thoughts. I know you’re a lover of Rigo’s natural style.

Comment

I’m away on business, and I couldn’t catch the fight, but I just watched a clip of the KO. Holy shit! That’s what Rigo was always capable of delivering. Few people understood his power, because he rarely opened up. Here’s a 38 year-old-man in a lower weight class, delivering bone crunching power.

On the flip side, one of my buddies who watched the fight tells me Rigo fought uncharacteristically, that he took too many punches and got rocked a couple of times. Yes, he obviously wanted to deliver the goods. And he did. But at what cost? And is it too little, too late?

Expand on your thoughts. I know you’re a lover of Rigo’s natural style.
                What the fight. It’s worth it when you get back.

Yiur buddy is correct it was very uncharacteristic. He was fighting like Trinidad. Taking punches yes but dropping bombs and vicious upper cuts all night. He also went to the body non stop Rigo got stunned once and by next round the fight was over.

He has a new trainer. Let’s hope it’s not too late. I’d like to see more of him.

Comment

What the fight. It’s worth it when you get back.

Yiur buddy is correct it was very uncharacteristic. He was fighting like Trinidad. Taking punches yes but dropping bombs and vicious upper cuts all night. He also went to the body non stop Rigo got stunned once and by next round the fight was over.

He has a new trainer. Let’s hope it’s not too late. I’d like to see more of him.
                  Sadly, Rigo will always be a case of “what could’ve been.” Ronnie Shields is Rigo’s new trainer. What a difference a new trainer can make. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                  X