Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Rank or PBC would have had Garcia-Vargas on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want them to enable DAZN in GCC...seriously you get Fury and Wilder 2 for $80, or you can have an entire year of boxing with Canelo, AJ, GGG and even fighters like Garcia for $99

It's insane value, get it while it's available because i've no idea how it's sustainable.

Comment

There’s no fughin way this would of been a ppv
      Mikey at this weight was not a sure bet of anything ( good fight or a wash ) plus who is Vargas
      The Chocolatito vs Yafai fight was a much better fight than the main event imo , but that also could of been trash ( not knowing if Roman was shot or not and again who the Fugh is Yafai
      Parker ; who’s Parker again
      So no , this would not at all have been a ppv
      But I did notice that the only ones who think this would of been a ppv are the Hearniacs or UK guys
      Don’t make no difference to me , go ahead call me a hater if you wish , but it just sounds like some have ulterior motives or agendas

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion
        Who had their name first on the poster?

Who walked last?

Who was announced last?
        Who was the favored guy in that match-up?

You think Spence would have headlined a PPV that time if it wasn't Mikey? You trying to make it sound like Spence was the only draw and Mikey had little to no part. Even Spence-Porter was initially not billed as a PPV. That says a lot about their faith with Spence's drawing power at that time. It still was a question mark even after the Mikey fight

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion
          Plenty of fighters are American of Mexican heritage. Doesn't mean they can headline successful PPVs. Garcia vs. Vargas definitely would have failed as a PPV. Garcia was the B-side in his only PPV and was dominated and thoroughly outclassed. Fighting a nobody in his next fight, in a non-title bought no less, is not PPV material.

You guys just don't understand this market at all. UK fans trying to explain what would be successful on PPV in the US is always hilarious. First of all, undercards make pretty much no difference here in terms of the success of a show. Second of all, Charles Martin is a bigger name here than Joseph Parker, and he was fighting a world title eliminator, while Parker was fighting an absolute nobody.

You're 100% wrong. Without a doubt.
          I disagree completely with you, due to the fact that both of them are American of Mexican heritage that would have been exploited by both PBC and Top rank.

And the fact was the card was stacked. It would have been on PPV no doubt.

Some of american fans aren't too bright and quite ignorant, boxing is boxing and most UK fans have more boxing knowledge than paid shills like yourselves.

My time in Vegas witnessing the Wilder beat down and talking boxing with americans boxing fans shows me how ignorant you lot were.

Comment

I have a thread "DAZN is killing boxing."
            I still think so. The business model is not sustainable.

No way would Garcia get paid that kind of money on either TR or PBC.
            Even if it's on PPV.
            Meaning, it will never happen at all.

This is all short term. DAZN will crash eventually.
            And the whole sport in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
              Who was the favored guy in that match-up?

You think Spence would have headlined a PPV that time if it wasn't Mikey? You trying to make it sound like Spence was the only draw and Mikey had little to no part. Even Spence-Porter was initially not billed as a PPV. That says a lot about their faith with Spence's drawing power at that time. It still was a question mark even after the Mikey fight
              Don’t give a Fugh what PBC guy or anybody else says ; those numbers were cause of fughin Mikey Garcia
              Any which way you look at it
              Mexican heritage ( Texas )
              Moving up in weight ( can he do it ) Mikey
              And all around bigger fughin star than am I drunk yet Spence

He's another fughin fool pushing his agenda just like many others here who , I hope get fughin paid for some of the chit that comes out of their mouths

Comment

Working...
              X