Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 03-02-2020, 12:42 AM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Ca$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 27,591.23
No Message - MinuteMaid5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Champion View Post
In the PBC world, Mikey was a PPV B-side against Errol Spence, who is a much much bigger star than Jessie Vargas.

Not in a million years would Mikey vs Vargas have been a PBC PPV.

As for ESPN, they barely ever do PPV, so it's hard to say what they'd do.
Neither Spence nor Garcia was B-side to each other during that time. If anything, it can be speculated that Spence took Garcia's star power but we'll never know cause neither has headlined in a PPV fight prior
Ca$ual Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 12:47 AM #12
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 543 Post(s)
MaksBox has much to be proud ofMaksBox has much to be proud ofMaksBox has much to be proud ofMaksBox has much to be proud ofMaksBox has much to be proud ofMaksBox has much to be proud ofMaksBox has much to be proud ofMaksBox has much to be proud of
Bank: 1,535.61
Total Points: 22,389.31

The fight yesterday was definitely PPV material... and makes you appreciate having DAZN.

The undercards were 3x better than what we had on Wilder vs Fury.

Here is the kicker... it is because of these fights, even though I am not a huge fan of Garcia or Vargas, that I will have ZERO doubts about renewing DAZN... yet no way in hell am I paying to see Fury vs Wilder 3. lol.
MaksBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 01:06 AM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Articulateboxin has a reputation beyond reputeArticulateboxin has a reputation beyond reputeArticulateboxin has a reputation beyond reputeArticulateboxin has a reputation beyond reputeArticulateboxin has a reputation beyond reputeArticulateboxin has a reputation beyond reputeArticulateboxin has a reputation beyond reputeArticulateboxin has a reputation beyond reputeArticulateboxin has a reputation beyond reputeArticulateboxin has a reputation beyond reputeArticulateboxin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,681.74
Total Points: 22,969.11
Salute - Chollo Vista 

I just want them to enable DAZN in GCC...seriously you get Fury and Wilder 2 for $80, or you can have an entire year of boxing with Canelo, AJ, GGG and even fighters like Garcia for $99

It's insane value, get it while it's available because i've no idea how it's sustainable.
Articulateboxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 01:25 AM #14
WBC WBA IBF

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
World Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Champion has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 74,170.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
Neither Spence nor Garcia was B-side to each other during that time.
Who had their name first on the poster?

Who walked last?

Who was announced last?
World Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 01:34 AM #15
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3666 Post(s)
MulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 44,638.66
Total Points: 181,282.76
All about the coins. Nice posting, sir... - Tony Trick-Pony Thanks, broseph! - Tony Trick-Pony LMAO - Chollo Vista 

There’s no fughin way this would of been a ppv
Mikey at this weight was not a sure bet of anything ( good fight or a wash ) plus who is Vargas
The Chocolatito vs Yafai fight was a much better fight than the main event imo , but that also could of been trash ( not knowing if Roman was shot or not and again who the Fugh is Yafai
Parker ; who’s Parker again
So no , this would not at all have been a ppv
But I did notice that the only ones who think this would of been a ppv are the Hearniacs or UK guys
Don’t make no difference to me , go ahead call me a hater if you wish , but it just sounds like some have ulterior motives or agendas
MulaKO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 03:15 AM #16
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Ca$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to behold
Total Points: 27,591.23
No Message - MinuteMaid5 

Quote:
Who had their name first on the poster?

Who walked last?

Who was announced last?
Who was the favored guy in that match-up?

You think Spence would have headlined a PPV that time if it wasn't Mikey? You trying to make it sound like Spence was the only draw and Mikey had little to no part. Even Spence-Porter was initially not billed as a PPV. That says a lot about their faith with Spence's drawing power at that time. It still was a question mark even after the Mikey fight
Ca$ual Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 03:25 AM #17
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Quoted: 7462 Post(s)
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 397,540.00
Total Points: 407,027.44
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Plenty of fighters are American of Mexican heritage. Doesn't mean they can headline successful PPVs. Garcia vs. Vargas definitely would have failed as a PPV. Garcia was the B-side in his only PPV and was dominated and thoroughly outclassed. Fighting a nobody in his next fight, in a non-title bought no less, is not PPV material.

You guys just don't understand this market at all. UK fans trying to explain what would be successful on PPV in the US is always hilarious. First of all, undercards make pretty much no difference here in terms of the success of a show. Second of all, Charles Martin is a bigger name here than Joseph Parker, and he was fighting a world title eliminator, while Parker was fighting an absolute nobody.

You're 100% wrong. Without a doubt.
I disagree completely with you, due to the fact that both of them are American of Mexican heritage that would have been exploited by both PBC and Top rank.

And the fact was the card was stacked. It would have been on PPV no doubt.

Some of american fans aren't too bright and quite ignorant, boxing is boxing and most UK fans have more boxing knowledge than paid shills like yourselves.

My time in Vegas witnessing the Wilder beat down and talking boxing with americans boxing fans shows me how ignorant you lot were.
Ray* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 04:31 AM #18
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2624 Post(s)
genrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these partsgenrick is infamous around these parts
Bank: 60,134.44
Total Points: 84,796.62
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
have points in common - BreWall Eddie's bitch and proud of it - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch and proud of it - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch and proud of it - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch and proud of it - DramaShow- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- 

I have a thread "DAZN is killing boxing."
I still think so. The business model is not sustainable.

No way would Garcia get paid that kind of money on either TR or PBC.
Even if it's on PPV.
Meaning, it will never happen at all.

This is all short term. DAZN will crash eventually.
And the whole sport in general.
genrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 05:04 AM #19
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3666 Post(s)
MulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 44,638.66
Total Points: 181,282.76
All about the coins. Nice posting, sir... - Tony Trick-Pony Thanks, broseph! - Tony Trick-Pony LMAO - Chollo Vista 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
Who was the favored guy in that match-up?

You think Spence would have headlined a PPV that time if it wasn't Mikey? You trying to make it sound like Spence was the only draw and Mikey had little to no part. Even Spence-Porter was initially not billed as a PPV. That says a lot about their faith with Spence's drawing power at that time. It still was a question mark even after the Mikey fight
Donít give a Fugh what PBC guy or anybody else says ; those numbers were cause of fughin Mikey Garcia
Any which way you look at it
Mexican heritage ( Texas )
Moving up in weight ( can he do it ) Mikey
And all around bigger fughin star than am I drunk yet Spence

He's another fughin fool pushing his agenda just like many others here who , I hope get fughin paid for some of the chit that comes out of their mouths
MulaKO is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends