Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are video games getting worse or are you getting older?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Gear Solid: Phantom Pain, Witcher 3 and Dark Souls are 3 of the greatest games ever made, either mechanically or story wise they are perfect, I mean MGS has it's obvious faults story wise but from a mechanical point of view the game is ****ing incredible.

They are as close to 10/10 as any game in the past, maybe in general games have gone downhill but developers that clearly care about the consumer are still making more of an impact then developers that don't.

Comment

Ironic but I have a collection of old games and consoles. Intellevision, sega, Nintendo etc. With newer games I see an big upgrade with graphics but the same game functions. They are becoming more detailed graphically but often the same old games with even less originality. For me, I enjoy some of the old ps1 and ps2 games even more than many of the new games they throw at us now. Including xbox and PS4.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Are video games getting worse or are you getting older?
        Then again, getting older is a gimme. Truth three, but I show games to a gamer that is much younger and he is amazed by some of the old games I show him.

Comment

Originally posted by RenegÄde View Post
          Hasn't been that bad. Witcher 3 is one of the best games I ever played. Also sunset overdrive, forza horizon 3 on the xbox. I disn't get a ps4 but they got uncharted 4, nioh and other great exclusives.

I sold my Xbox a while ago and got a gaming laptop with a gtx 1070 and I'll never go back. Console gaming is nothing compared to a 4k resolution screen with G-sync, 75 fps locked at max settings. You can take your laptop anywhere too hdmi link to any tv.

After you go high end pc gaming it's hard to go back to consoles.
          Yeah i just cant justify putting that much cash on a pc

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
            Yeah i just cant justify putting that much cash on a pc
            Well I torrent all my **** so it eventually pays for itself lol.

Even if you a buy a 300 dollar switch, and you buy 10 games in one year, that's already 800+ dollars down, another 10 games the next year, that's another 500+

Compared to a 1000-1500 rig where you put your money down once, and you have an unlimited stream of movies, games and content, plus i'm always going to need a laptop anyway because that's where I keep all of my media. It's like my digital bank. It's a digital investment.

No lie, I have 3 terabytes full of games,movies and music that I downloaded for free lol, I already made back everything I paid on hardware in software 3 times over, not counting future content.

When Mass effect andromeda comes out, that's another plus 60 on my investment, and compared to console owners, I get to enjoy it at the highest possible settings, highest possible resolution at a crystal clear g-synced frame rate.

In a couple years, I can still sell the laptop on ebay or craigslist or facebook for about half what I paid for and upgrade to the newest technology.

If you're a true gamer, a beefed up laptop is a must.

Just like if you're a true player, a nice car is a must.

This is the one I got, it's the equivalent of a lamborghini

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GT72VR-Do.../dp/B01IO9Y35G

its 2k msrp but I got it for 1500 on sale, plus I sold my old laptop for 750 and xbox for 200 so I put down less than half of that.
            Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-26-2017, 01:05 AM.

Comment

u guys r getting older, u tend to like what you were indoctrinated into, aka nurture

big business is raping the character and fun that used to be in old games

also staleness the games can no longer be as original as they once were since new ideas are now much harder to come by esp fun ones

lastly the leaps forward in progress in terms of what ideas are possible has slowed and hell even graphics progress has slowed partly due to consoles holding up the cutting edge PC gaming progress

pretty sure virtual reality ideas are just round the corner so be patient we may be on the verge of a fresh awesome new change like from 2d to 3d

once virtual reality is here being extremely fat and dying of blood clots at your computer will be a thing of the past, pawno will be too awesome, many men will not pass on their genes - the mix of artificial vaginas too tight and stimulating for a regular vagina and the virtual reality babes way to hot for ordinary women coupled with the difficulty of getting a woman to put out in real life, will start the rapid decline in successful mating (of white males), western society as we know it will collapse, the whole western world will resemble Brazil/Mexico/Afghanistan and we will go back to natural selection or survival of the fittest, while our asian(Chinese) overlords will dominate and create a full hell on earth for the next 1000 or so years

Slavery will be reintroduced because the chinese dont give a fcuk about anything, and it will be much worse than western slavery, we will also be farmed like pigs but under much worse conditions, after many years of non stop slavery work, after injury and can no longer work, we will not recieve treatment for injury instead we will be tortured to death and then eaten by the Chinese overlords

If you have a penis of a size threatening to the Chinese overlords expect torture to be extra painful

We have one hope he was sent here by God to bring mercy apon the world, his name is Donald, he has blonde hair and blue eyes his is the one savior Donald Trump! By taking jobs away from teh Chinese and via being an obstenent greedy ego driven guy he will wreck the Chinese economy and the US economy and keep the Chinese and virtual reality computer games at bay. Perhaps due to his love of dogs and rapidly forthcoming death, he will nuke China and prevent hell on earth for all eternity.

HOPE!
              Last edited by AlexKid; 02-26-2017, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mc,Lovin View Post
                Nah the are definitely worse
                Online transactions make gameplay unfair
                I miss the days of 2-4 pads
                Street fighter
                GoldenEye
                Ridge racer
                That was gaming
                Now I just play fallout
                you will enjoy level 3 and LIKE it!

Comment

There are some amazing games out there. There just so happens to be a lot of mediocre games as well.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    you will enjoy level 3 and LIKE it!

Looks like a poor man's double dragon

Comment

Originally posted by Mc,Lovin View Post
                      Looks like a poor man's double dragon
                      It was the original Double Dragon ,the company actually used the same computer chip board from this game and added to the design . Iused to play this game for hrs trying to beat a 300 pound 6'5 Hooker ,dat bytch just takes you and slapped you around like a rag doll.

Comment

Working...
                      X