Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Popular Supplement products tested for BCAA content claims...t.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    I just checked it out they got basic clean ingredients BASIC means GOOD, you dont went all these other chemicals and additives adn proprietary blends.

But the thing looks like they pack it in their garage and printed the logo from a ink jet printer. Id like to know where they source their goods, maybe they just drop ship and get it made by Nutrabio just put different labels. Nutrabio makes whey for many brands.

Personally, I'm happier to pay less for basic packaging. I hate when companies like BSN use all this flashy packaging, when all it's doing is costing you more money. Small company labeling doesn't scare me.
    The Muscle Blend stuff is for real when it comes to quality and that's something I can spot, having used protein powders for a long time. I actually studied nutrition in school and made it a career for several years so I'm familiar with a lot of the tricks used in the supplement industry.

I think the fact that it's undenatured might be why I find it so much better. Not getting processed at high temps likely preserves the integrity of the proteins and amino acid profiles.
    Anyhow, I just wanted to mention it because after 20+ years of taking protein powders, this is the only one that I actually noticed making a difference, and that didn't give me the typical bloated-protein-shake-gut feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Personally, I'm happier to pay less for basic packaging. I hate when companies like BSN use all this flashy packaging, when all it's doing is costing you more money. Small company labeling doesn't scare me.
      The Muscle Blend stuff is for real when it comes to quality and that's something I can spot, having used protein powders for a long time. I actually studied nutrition in school and made it a career for several years so I'm familiar with a lot of the tricks used in the supplement industry.

I think the fact that it's undenatured might be why I find it so much better. Not getting processed at high temps likely preserves the integrity of the proteins and amino acid profiles.
      Anyhow, I just wanted to mention it because after 20+ years of taking protein powders, this is the only one that I actually noticed making a difference, and that didn't give me the typical bloated-protein-shake-gut feeling.
      It looks. Good. I just like to reseach more on brands but the profile is legit, no bad chemical additives. The only time i found a good whey was when it was a natural one with safe ingredients but was plain, non flavored.

I never heard of muscle blend looks like a new company. Only thing that worry me is if they let it sit in their garage or wherever they hold it and it gets rancid since they use a clear container that allows light, light damages the whey especially direct sunlight. Thats what i heard, i personally like the clear bottle because you can see whats inside, but you have to keep it in a cool dark place away from sunlight

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        It looks. Good. I just like to reseach more on brands but the profile is legit, no bad chemical additives. The only time i found a good whey was when it was a natural one with safe ingredients but was plain, non flavored.

I never heard of muscle blend looks like a new company. Only thing that worry me is if they let it sit in their garage or wherever they hold it and it gets rancid since they use a clear container that allows light, light damages the whey especially direct sunlight. Thats what i heard, i personally like the clear bottle because you can see whats inside, but you have to keep it in a cool dark place away from sunlight
        Light isn't good. You're correct. I didn't even realize they offered that. Mine have always come in the foil bags, which let in no light and allow you to squeeze out the air. With bottles, you always lose because they store air, which oxidizes the food. I avoid big bottles when possible, though you can't always do that.

As far as a garage goes, they do a lot of business on eBay, more than you could do in a garage, or even home. I ordered 3 times in 2016 and all were made within a month of the order. Also, I opened up a bag of coffee flavor for the wife maybe 8 months ago. She only uses it once a week but that bag still smells perfectly fresh. I was impressed, if not surprised.

Not arguing it with you at all, just sharing my experience thus far. I'm usually super critical of everything but these guys actually impressed me.

Comment

Working...
        X