No announcement yet.

Casuals praising Rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blak81 View Post
    I'm interested to know what they guys at the barber shop are going to say when I go on Friday or Saturday. My barber, a former boxer, said Rigondeaux was going to "put in work." The other barbers and customers last week are casuals but I told them they need to tune in. Just to get them to watch it, I said Rigondeaux is WAY better than Mayweather. So, i'll see if they tuned in and if they did, what they thought.
    I remember you mentioning that! lol Your barber is gonna be feeling like a genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Javii86
      Yeah if people actually know Rigo, they're a bit more than casuals. You never know, they could be posting about boxing in other forums LOL
      They didn't know who Rigo was. The first guy asked me who he was and what his name was (I guess he had already forgotten it by Monday) and the second guy, the filipino, only knew him cause of Donaire. That was his first time watching Rigo. I think that says a lot. To have a filipino praise him for his performance after defeating one of his countryman.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel
        he's known as that lil' slick Cuban n**** by dudes on my fb ....nothing but praise for his skills....even saw somebody post something on their wall like " **** Pacman, thats who Floyd need to fight" ...casuals!!!
        Lol yea that's some casual ****. Reminds of the guy saying Mayweather was gonna fight Gamboa next. Just cause of what 50 said.

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer
          I posted a picture from the fight on my facebook page and one of my friends that I didn't know was that into boxing commented on it and tagged it as the most boring fight ever I guess I can see how it may appear that way to casual fans I loved the fight though and so did my coaches who I talked with about it
          Chances are Rigo "scared" more casuals away than attracted them but from my everyday life and these replies it sounds like a 50/50. Again, I'm just going by what I see, hear and read.

Comment

Referring to casual boxing fans as "casuals" is hilarious. Makes them sound like some type of dress pant.

Comment

Been all positive on this side.

Most people I talk to know the Cuban fighters as they are my favourite fighters and I tend to hype them up, but now they know why. I think the fact that the HBO guys called it fair also helped casual fans...it would have been the opposite had it been the usual pro-bigger name commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Interloper
                Referring to casual boxing fans as "casuals" is hilarious. Makes them sound like some type of dress pant.
                My apologies to the casual FANS but I was at work and on the phone so I tried to shorten things as much as I could.

Comment

after seeing all the backlash from iole and dan rafael it was refreshing to go home and watch it and see the hbo team was giving props to rigondeaux

Comment

Casuals will be puppeting what HBO has said and their stance, so of courrse it will be favorable since the commentary was as it was. If HBO had complained that Rigo was not exciting or not crowd pleasing, or not active enough, then casuals would be singing that dance. Imagine if Merchant was announcing that fight..lol

Comment

Originally posted by Syf
                      Casuals will be puppeting what HBO has said and their stance, so of courrse it will be favorable since the commentary was as it was. If HBO had complained that Rigo was not exciting or not crowd pleasing, or not active enough, then casuals would be singing that dance. Imagine if Merchant was announcing that fight..lol
                      This is a good point, excellent.

Also, he wouldn't had been announcing it cause he would've fallen asleep.

Comment

Working...
                      X