No announcement yet.

Ricardo Finito Lopez.. WOW!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yahir View Post
    Holy cow. This guy was amazing. The style the sharpness. WOW. My dad told me about him yesterday, I didnt even know about him, I know I terribly fail .. Being watching his fights since yesterday non stop, and his record is none the less superb. Is it ok IMHO to add him to my ATG list? Geez, I am speechless for now.

Here you go, you can tell your son later about this one in your generation

Comment

Originally posted by niceguy45 View Post
      he could of moved up in weight......and get better competition
      That's the only thing that bugs me about him. Other than that, he's a HOF and a ATG little fighter.

Comment

What I loved about Ricardo, among other things, was the way he'd vary his guard. He always kept his gloves quite high, but his guard would also always mirror the stance of his opponents, switching every second, making it incredibly hard to find an opening. Most of his punches also had very little telegraphing, and that combined with the varied stance made him hard to avoid over time.

Comment

Originally posted by EDD1 View Post
          Here you go, you can tell your son later about this one in your generation

He looks good, so far, but hard to tell at this early stage. He clearly mimicks his father's style, which could be both good and bad. Seems a lot more mechanical and less ring generalship, but of course, that's a ridiculous comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Telepath View Post
            He looks good, so far, but hard to tell at this early stage. He clearly mimicks his father's style, which could be both good and bad. Seems a lot more mechanical and less ring generalship, but of course, that's a ridiculous comparison.
            Damn, that's his son? Looks just like him. I thought it Ricardo early in his career.

Has that same beautiful left hook to the body, not bad for his second pro fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Loccy View Post
              Aye, he's great, but Sanchez > Lopez imo.
              I agree Chavez and Sanchez > Lopez... Rubin Olivares > Lopez as well... But, IMO Finitio is in the top 5 greatest Mexican fighters of all time...

Comment

Never seen anyone land the straight right hand as accurately as he did. I watched his last fight against Petelo and after putting on a damn good performance, I don't understand why he retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  Never seen anyone land the straight right hand as accurately as he did. I watched his last fight against Petelo and after putting on a damn good performance, I don't understand why he retired.
                  Well, he'd been a pro for 16 years, and he retired at the age of 35. That's quite old for a strawweight. I guess his heart wasn't quite in it anymore.

I wonder how old his son is? Anyone know?

Comment

Working...
                  X