Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Robinson and Joe Louis - Strengths and weaknesses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never liked the way Robinson jabbed to the body, he'd lean back when he did it and ducked down quite low which left him open to right hands over the top but his speed and footwork allowed him to get away with it until he got old, it's why he got knocked down against Archer.

Robinson's main flaws were in his defense but there really wasn't any huge flaws in his game.

I think Louis' big flaw was the low left hand, it got better after the first Schmeling fight but the flaw was still there.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingbuff View Post
      Joe Louis never punched unless he had BOTH feet planted.

So if you could keep him moving,keep him turning,he couldn't plant both feet to punch like he wanted to.

Louis also lacked good head movement,and was not very fast on his feet.

Joe also had trouble fighting while moving backwards.
      Add that he didn't have a top notch chin and thats Joe Louis. It is quite amusing when you break it down it reminds me a bit of the first review on Fred Astaire, "Can't sing. Can't act. Slightly balding. Can dance a little."

Comment

Louis had a bad chin, we only have to look at the Billy Conn fight when a smaller man hurt him had him going in round 9, he was lucky Conn had too much to fight for.
        Schmelling exposed Louis to right hands, dropping his guard after getting his shots off was his flaw Schmelling exposed this fully, if it weren't for that Louis would be flawless only for his chin.

Robinson's weaknesses have been pointed out already.

Comment

Bumbeater was extremely slow on his feet, often slow with his slugging(I thought I was watching the **** in slow motion when he was pummeling Schmeling on the ropes.) He was dumb, had a china/glass chin made out of the weakest porcelain you can find. Very very weak chin, very weak. His defensive skills were almost as bad. He would get outboxed by any slick boxer. His title reign consisted of bums and sub par competition. He quit against Schmeling the first time. He loved to beat the ****e out of his women. I could go on, but I would enjoy it too much.

Salty GAY Robinson was not as bad as a fighter. Although he was a sloppy brawler at times as well, getting his arse kicked by fighters who could punch. His defense was ****e, he was not the type of lad who could get away with that low hands RJJ thing. Mostly the biggest problem was his heart. He loved to beat up those bums, but when he got in trouble himself he'd get discouraged. He quit against Maxim and put on a crappy acting performance. And worst of all, he not only beat up his women but he beat his own children which is even worse. A true scumbag.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
            Bumbeater was extremely slow on his feet, often slow with his slugging(I thought I was watching the **** in slow motion when he was pummeling Schmeling on the ropes.) He was dumb, had a china/glass chin made out of the weakest porcelain you can find. Very very weak chin, very weak. His defensive skills were almost as bad. He would get outboxed by any slick boxer. His title reign consisted of bums and sub par competition. He quit against Schmeling the first time. He loved to beat the ****e out of his women. I could go on, but I would enjoy it too much.

Salty GAY Robinson was not as bad as a fighter. Although he was a sloppy brawler at times as well, getting his arse kicked by fighters who could punch. His defense was ****e, he was not the type of lad who could get away with that low hands RJJ thing. Mostly the biggest problem was his heart. He loved to beat up those bums, but when he got in trouble himself he'd get discouraged. He quit against Maxim and put on a crappy acting performance. And worst of all, he not only beat up his women but he beat his own children which is even worse. A true scumbag.
            Threads been up 3 days slimey, been away?

Comment

Originally posted by The Jackal View Post
              Louis had a bad chin, we only have to look at the Billy Conn fight when a smaller man hurt him had him going in round 9, he was lucky Conn had too much to fight for.
              Schmelling exposed Louis to right hands, dropping his guard after getting his shots off was his flaw Schmelling exposed this fully, if it weren't for that Louis would be flawless only for his chin.

How many times exactly was he knocked down during his career? Some guys get unfairly tagged with the bad chin accusation and perhaps Joe Louis was one of them?

When did robinson or Louis ever beat up on women and where did you get the story that Robinson beat up his own children?

You sound like you got an agenda here to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright-Eyes View Post
                How many times exactly was he knocked down during his career? Some guys get unfairly tagged with the bad chin accusation and perhaps Joe Louis was one of them?

When did robinson or Louis ever beat up on women and where did you get the story that Robinson beat up his own children?

You sound like you got an agenda here to be honest
                I don't think agenda is a strong enough word. Pathological hatred sounds better.

Comment

You sound like you got an agenda here to be honest.

Why is 2 + 2 =4? Why if I put me hand in fire it will burn? Why are you an idiot if you jump into traffic?
                  Do your research on facts you wanker.

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                  I don't think agenda is a strong enough word. Pathological hatred sounds better.

Comment

Why is 2 + 2 =4? Why if I put me hand in fire it will burn? Why are you an idiot if you jump into traffic?
                    Do your research on facts you wanker.

What facts you prick? You said Louis beat up on women and Robinson beat up on women and his kids.

What facts did you provide that they ever did so? It's obvious you just hate the two and will use and small detail to try and discredit the them.

Grow up knob

Comment

What facts you prick? You said Louis beat up on women and Robinson beat up on women and his kids.

What facts did you provide that they ever did so? It's obvious you just hate the two and will use and small detail to try and discredit the them.

Grow up knob
                      It's obvious you're a stupid arse newbie who doesn't know ****e about Boxing. Probably converted from mmGAY a while ago innit. These facts have been discussed in numerous threads, so do your own research you lazy queer. I'm not about to waste a second of work on your punk arse because you can't even do your own research. now fook off ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X