No announcement yet.

Drunk Lang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was on a trip to Shizuoka the other day and grabbed a bottle of this:

It was a pretty damn good beer (Japan has some great microbrews, but unfortunately beer is wayyyyyyyyy too expensive in Japan. The bottle pictured was about $5 in a store, which is pretty much normal).

I also picked up a bottle of this.

It's 'wasabishu' or shochu with wasabi. It's actually very good. I drank most of it last night. What's more, I have been dealing with a lot of conjestion in my throat for weeks, following a bout of bronchitis, and today I woke up and my throat was as clear as can be. Coincidence? I'm thinking not. It was kind of like a reverse hangover. Also, this bottle only set me back about $12.
    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 02-12-2012, 01:34 AM.

Comment

• NSB....

There is an actual thread about why the Mayweather-Cotto under card should suck.

Fucking ridiculous..

Has that place always been so ******ed? Do I have rose colored glasses on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
        It's still solid and can be found quite cheaply. Sure Hoegaarden is better, but it doesn't deserve to be bashed. And I'm a huge fan of witbier, it's my favorite style.
        Hoegaarden is owned by Anheiser Busch/In-Bev now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          Hoegaarden is owned by Anheiser Busch/In-Bev now.
          Has been forever. The same can be said for many of the old breweries. Just being a microbrew doesn't make a beer good, I find most American ones quite lackluster in fact. But I'm also a fan of wheat beers, which are not a popular style to craft.

Comment

Has been forever. The same can be said for many of the old breweries. Just being a microbrew doesn't make a beer good, I find most American ones quite lackluster in fact. But I'm also a fan of wheat beers, which are not a popular style to craft.
            I agree. But I just don't care for Blue Moon. What are some of the lackluster craft American beers have you tried?

Comment

Agreed, just being a micro doesn't make it good, but damn it's a good start. It depends what kind of brew you enjoy, obviously you won't like em all. I myself will not touch any dark brew unless it's a micro and even then it has to have a taste I'd enjoy. I do love Pale Ales though.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                celebrating Whitney Houston's life by doing up an 8-ball while we watch her videos on youtube...also got plenty of booze and a quarter of dank...I'm gonna get ****ed up tonight...
                Lololololollol

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  I agree. But I just don't care for Blue Moon. What are some of the lackluster craft American beers have you tried?
                  A lot of it has to do with the specific style of beer. For example, I'm not a huge fan of either lagers or ales (primarily pale ales), but a few are good. Therefore things like Stone, Rogue, or Dogfish Head, I have a fairly strong distaste for. My two favorite styles are wheat beers (either witbier or hefeweizen) and schwarzbier (black beer, like Köstritzer) followed by some stouts closely related to the latter and a few random things like blueberry ales, lambics, and Japanese dry. As for some microbrews that I like - I mostly drink European stuff, but off the top of my head I enjoy Brooklyn brewery (chocolate stout) and Great Lakes (Nosferatu).
                  Last edited by Miburo; 02-12-2012, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Tonight: more shochu. Also been watching the last few Knicks games to see sensation Jeremy Lin's action. I also checked out a bit of The Wire for the first time, really interesting. (Thanks Shiranui.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      NSB....

There is an actual thread about why the Mayweather-Cotto under card should suck.

Fucking ridiculous..

Has that place always been so ******ed? Do I have rose colored glasses on?
                      Naw SP mah homie. I saw that bull**** thread too bruh. You ain got the roseys on its jus like fiends...........There's one in EVERY family.

Comment

Working...
                      X