Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Americans great athletes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's the land of opportunity, of course..
    not to mention our huge size.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
      A thread about athletes, and you bring up Snooker, Pool, darts and equestrianism?
      It's a sport.

The discussion was going that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
        It's a sport.

The discussion was going that way.
        You know, I though Bolt was a better athlete than me, but I'm positive I can beat him in pool and darts.

Comment

Good training facilities, and top notch instruction would be my guesses.

The US is obviously the best at American football and Basketball (proven recently). Also pretty good in track. Baseball I not quite sure about anymore. We may have the best players, but countries like the PR, Venezuela, and the Dominican Republic are moving in fast. Not to mention Japan winning the last two World Baseball classics and Korea is on the rise.

Tennis is a sport where us Americans are fading fast. For the Men Andy Roddick is the only legit top player in the world for the US. After him there really is nobody except maybe Sam Querry, but I don't know if he's ever reaching that top level. Than the women obviously Serena and Venus are top notch, but after them I can't think of anybody that's worth anything coming up. It's sad because many players from other countries come to the US for better training in places like Florida and Arizona.

Comment

A thread about athletes, and you bring up Snooker, Pool, darts and equestrianism?
            My thoughts exactly, lol.

Comment

I guarantee you if the Lebron Jamses, and Allen Iversons of the world were playing soccer ata younger age, and wanted to earn much less money in soccer they would have been kicking ass.

Comment

You know, I though Bolt was a better athlete than me, but I'm positive I can beat him in pool and darts.
                You should offer him a challenge then.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  I guarantee you if the Lebron Jamses, and Allen Iversons of the world were playing soccer ata younger age, and wanted to earn much less money in soccer they would have been kicking ass.
                  Errrrr..... No.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    Hakeem Olajuwon was a very good soccer player if I remember right. Steve Nash too, I think. More money in basketball, so that's where they went.

Comment

Hakeem Olajuwon was a very good soccer player if I remember right.
                      He was. Could have played for the Nigerian national team, and probably would have been taken in by a euo club, but he chose to come to America and play basketball for a helluva lot more money.

Comment

Working...
                      X