• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavyweight Champs Tale of the tape!

The Heavyweight Champs Tale of the Tape

Check it out.

http://www.ibhof.com/ibhftape.htm

That's interesting, but what it tells me is that despite the beliefs of a few, height and weight advantage really don't mean that much. If they did the greatest heavyweight champs would be guys like Jess Willard, Primo Carnera and Lennox Lewis instead of Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis, and Jack Johnson.
    Last edited by SonnyG8R; 02-19-2005, 01:23 AM. Reason: switch 1 word

Comment

Hmmm. George Foreman got taller as the years went on it seems. I knew it had to be something extraordinary with that man. Hell, he´ll probably come back at 60, being 6'7 or something.

Comment

This is like saying that you don't need steroids in order to hit 70 homeruns during a season.

Comment

Originally posted by L8RG8R
          That's interesting, but what it tells me is that despite the beliefs of a few, height and weight advantage really don't mean that much. If they did the greatest heavyweight champs would be guys like Jess Willard, Primo Carnera and Lennox Lewis instead of Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis, and Jack Johnson.
          Putting jack johnson in with the names of Ali and Louis is a disgrace to the sport. just because he was the first black heavyweight champ doesnt mean he was the greatest..if Golata became champion he'd be the first polish hvy champ but would he be the greatest?

anyway ali isnt even in my top five, he was overrated, just like marciano

larry holmes in his prime would have beaten ali, larry had a better jab

id like to say a prime bowe would also beat down ali but since bowe's chin was questionable I cant say that, holmes however, in his prime, had a granite chin.
          Last edited by Slipx; 02-19-2005, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by L8RG8R

Oh god.

You know you do have to have some kind of SKILL to go along with size to be considered great.

And yes weight does matter in boxing thats why we have weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Slipx
              Putting jack johnson in with the names of Ali and Louis is a disgrace to the sport. just because he was the first black heavyweight champ doesnt mean he was the greatest..if Golata became champion he'd be the first polish hvy champ but would he be the greatest?

id like to say a prime bowe would also beat down ali but since bowe's chin was questionable I cant say that, holmes however, in his prime, had a granite chin.
              Your right, Holmes had such a more powerful jab

Comment

Originally posted by jose
                Oh god.

You know you do have to have some kind of SKILL to go along with size to be considered great.

And yes weight does matter in boxing thats why we have weight classes.
                Weight and height are overrated. And forgive me but I didn't see the stat "skill" anywhere in that tale of the tape. That was my point. The tale of the tape don't mean all that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Slipx

Ok pal, do me a favor. Learn the sport and then get back to me.

Comment

Thanks, but why is the older foremann 6.4 and the younger 6.3.

Pluss it says tyson is 5.11 and 3/4.

Thats almost 2 inches more than he useally is.

Comment

Working...
                    X