Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter: Ward Mistreated By Media, HBO - Why Wouldn't He Retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does african american have to do with anything? What's stopping them from going back to 168 for eubank and degale? "Appreciate and praise me or I'll retire"...that's just the type of attitude that will endear him to combat sport fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Virgil Hunter love Dre like a father its evident. I completely agree with Hunter : Andre Ward has been a victim of unprofessional journalism pandering to these ignorant, jealous and insecure casual fans. Sergay Kovalev has only shown unsportsmanlike conduct whilst Andre Ward has taken all the criticism despite claiming victory in a classic heroic career defining performance that merits high praise, not this.

Boxing needs Andre Ward.
      It will be a good day when boxing sees the back of Andre Ward and his constant cheating. Hideous fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        So full of ****. Hunter himself was saying 168 was impossible, even 175 isn't easy. What happened to HW champ by 31, can beat Klitschko?
        You know what it's like with Hunter, he's as full of **** as Ward is. Gruesome twosome they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          He says 14 pounds? What did he mean by that?

He said he couldn't make 168 anymore, and he has trouble making 175. How was he forced to go up in weight?

I remember HBO got Dawson to go down to 168 to fight Ward, and how badly weight-drained he was since he hadn't fought at that weight in years.

Ward made 5 mil to fight the man Kovalev whose world title were stolen. Kov received only 2 mil.

Ward got a job with HBO, even though he's boring as they come.

He was gifted a robbery win in the Olympics.

Ward had home advantage for ALL his Super Six fight, which enabled him to use illegal tactics such as head butts, arm-clamps, etc.

He's been treated like a king, despite being such a boring feather-fisted boxer. What does he want?

Ward has the biggest ego and the worst feeling of entitlement in all sports.
          Amen. Now that's the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            ....the fight was in november bro....3 months ago...you guys act like its been years

their are things that have to be ironed out behind the scenes we know nothing about
            He's talking about retiring. Nothing behind the scenes about that. Either retire and give the belts up or come to the table and honor your rematch clause. It's that easy

Comment

what did team Ward expect?

they upset the applecart

Ward was ripe for the taking....hadnt fought an elite fighter in years....litigation and injury induced lay offs....new division vs a p4p entrant who is arguably the best boxer puncher around today. Kovalev has been a mainstay on HBO since 2013, is a puncher, and has good wins.....Ward was suppose to be the opponent and win that made him a star, rid the GGG fanatics of Ward because they want to see him lose so bad.......too bad Ward didnt read the script

a lot of tears and butthurt

gotta deal with the sour grapes team ward...like Mayweather used to say " Like I said before.....It comes with the territory"
              It was a pick-em fight. Let's not rewrite history to make ward seem like rocky. I was shocked at how easily kovalev was handling him early on...it was unexpected. The rest of the fight is how i expected it to go...a close cagey fight where rounds could be decided by a few shots. If it seemed like a set up fight to put kovalev over, it's a revisionist point of view, cuz kovalev came close to walking right through ward and then faded late which made it appear that he should have had it in the bag. In reality it was always a tight fight....pretty risky for hbo to put all it's eggs in that basket, and not very likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                He's talking about retiring. Nothing behind the scenes about that. Either retire and give the belts up or come to the table and honor your rematch clause. It's that easy
                if you really think this guy is gonna retire now, it makes 0 sense. its called boxing politics folks....duva dont call the shots anymore

posters on here want something to bytch about...what better than the rematch not happening....deep down inside, they'd rather he retire because Ward has a very good chance of beating kovalev w/o controversy next fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                  It was a pick-em fight. Let's not rewrite history to make ward seem like rocky. I was shocked at how easily kovalev was handling him early on...it was unexpected. The rest of the fight is how i expected it to go...a close cagey fight where rounds could be decided by a few shots. If it seemed like a set up fight to put kovalev over, it's a revisionist point of view, cuz kovalev came close to walking right through ward and then faded late which made it appear that he should have had it in the bag. In reality it was always a tight fight....pretty risky for hbo to put all it's eggs in that basket, and not very likely.
                  how am i trying to rewrite history...use your brain

kov has been on hbo building his name, brand and hype while ward was on the shelf

ward wasnt gonna get a deal if he fought at 168 so they gave him tune ups before fighting kov @ 175

HBO and casual fans love punchers, especially foreign ones.....Ward was the american, gold medallist with enough name recognition and clout to get Kov to the next level bro

dude was inactive and moving up to boot..HBO would have benefited more from kovalev win

come on....not that difficult to see as it played out

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                    speaking of revising...kov won or at least should have won round 9, 10, and 12 and 11 could have gone either way. he faded late....really? just cause a lot of people say it doesnt make it true. he still landed the much better punches in those rounds.

Comment

if you really think this guy is gonna retire now, it makes 0 sense. its called boxing politics folks....duva dont call the shots anymore

posters on here want something to bytch about...what better than the rematch not happening....deep down inside, they'd rather he retire because Ward has a very good chance of beating kovalev w/o controversy next fight.
                      I wouldn't put past Ward if he's saying he'll retire. We're talking about a guy that was satisfied with his career and said he didn't need to box again after he won the Super 6. Duva doesn't call the shots, but signing a contract with a rematch clause in it does. You either fight the rematch, or give up your belts.

The guy fought 3 times last year and said he'd like to remain active like that. No talk at all about anything related to retiring before the Kovalev fight(at least not anything I'd seen). Now because some people don't want to give him credit for the win he's whining about retirement and not being appreciated? C'mon Andre, for someone who says their faith is in God he sure does let what a lot of people say get to him. Perhaps his mental game isn't as strong as he let on

Comment

Working...
                      X