No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez with good knees vs Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Science View Post
    The Sergio Martinez who fought Paul Williams or Kelly Pavlik @ middleweight vs Cotto...Is the outcome different?

Cotto's style isn't for taller, athletic guys. I think its a possibility that Martnez stops him in the 8-11th.
    That version of Martinez KO's Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
      I didn't hear any of these excuses before the fight.
      You weren't paying attention then. We all knew the chances of Martinez's knees being shot.

Comment

That fight just depressed me. It wasn't like Cotto was fighting a faded Martinez, the dude was a shell of himself.

Comment

Cotto breaks his knees again with a left hook to the head.

Comment

Probably, but how realistic was that fight back then? IIRC, Cotto was still at 147 when Martinez fought Paul and Kelly.

Comment

Lol Martinez gets outclassed again. Dude never fought anyone close to the skill of Cotto. But whatever makes his fans feel better. Big slow guys is who Martinez specialized against.

Comment

That left hook that landed was because Martinez fell for the jab feint. It had everything to do with his inability to box.

Comment

i remember martinez wearing those long ass trunks to cover his kneepads and thinking, this is no good.

Comment

I would pick a prime Martinez to beat a prime Cotto. He is a bigger man and he beat some guys I am not sure Cotto could beat. It's close but I'll pick Martinez by a close UD.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                      That left hook that landed was because Martinez fell for the jab feint. It had everything to do with his inability to box.
                      for sure. and the rigth hand danny green knocked out roy jones landed had everything to do with jones inability to box. it always would have landed. it always would have knocked him out.

Comment

Working...
                      X