No announcement yet.

George Foreman's punching technique

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Foreman's punching technique

I just rewatched the fight and every time Foreman attacks Ali on the ropes he swings like a maniac...

How the **** can Foreman get away with these super wide open body punches??

Here is a short clip I uploaded where you can see Foreman throwing super wide punches at Ali:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDDtlTExN5A

Because he hit so hard that guys didn't want to risk opening up on him even a little so they didn't get countered. Foreman could literally knock anyone out with 1 solid punch.

Comment

Because hes big strong long powerful and robust, HE CAN DO WHATEVER THE FCUK HE WANTS

Especially with feather fisted Ali (fast )

Comment

Hes not getting away with much,ali is just counting down to mid rounds b/c Foreman is wasting punches,hence an Ali win and win by k.o to a drawn out foreman. I throw body shots in similar fashion but guide my opponents to walk into them via jabs at awkward angles.I have a vid up somewhere demonstrating power body shots.

Comment

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
          I just rewatched the fight and every time Foreman attacks Ali on the ropes he swings like a maniac...

How the **** can Foreman get away with these super wide open body punches??

Here is a short clip I uploaded where you can see Foreman throwing super wide punches at Ali:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDDtlTExN5A
          Why you need to know? Unless you are of his statue, this question is of academic interest only

Comment

Originally posted by NVSemin View Post
            Why you need to know? Unless you are of his statue, this question is of academic interest only

I mean why not?
            It quite an interesting boxing question, regardless of my actual statue.

But indeed I am far from being a heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
              Because hes big strong long powerful and robust, HE CAN DO WHATEVER THE FCUK HE WANTS

Especially with feather fisted Ali (fast )

I almost tried to reply to your comment, asking for something boxing related, but then I saw your username....

Can't you just once make serious comments?

I mean what the fck is wrong with you?

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                Hes not getting away with much,ali is just counting down to mid rounds b/c Foreman is wasting punches,hence an Ali win and win by k.o to a drawn out foreman. I throw body shots in similar fashion but guide my opponents to walk into them via jabs at awkward angles.I have a vid up somewhere demonstrating power body shots.

I just simply can't understand how Ali doesn't counter him.

I mean, he is throwing these super wide punches three to five at once. His guard is completely down and they almost look like some amateur punches.

Even a mediocre pro boxer could easily counter these wide punches...

I'm not taking in account the punching power of Foreman and the fact that this is heavyweight boxing.

Does he just get away with it because of Ali's gameplan, Foreman's superhuman power and them being both heavyweights ( overall "slower" fighter)??

Comment

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
                  I just simply can't understand how Ali doesn't counter him.

I mean, he is throwing these super wide punches three to five at once. His guard is completely down and they almost look like some amateur punches.

Even a mediocre pro boxer could easily counter these wide punches...

I'm not taking in account the punching power of Foreman and the fact that this is heavyweight boxing.

Does he just get away with it because of Ali's gameplan, Foreman's superhuman power and them being both heavyweights ( overall "slower" fighter)??
                  Why counter them when he will only run out of steam by punching himself out? I counted the punch count once and foreman only landed about 20 solid shots in round one,mostly to the body .I had a list of the total punch count,foreman didn't connect much with solid shots many missed mostly they were rolled by Ali.the solid ones were absorbed by Alis rope bouncing. if ali was in trouble it wasn't noticeable and brief.

I think ali could've danced around but would have subjected himself to a clean wild hook,why chance that when laying on the ropes for 6 rounds is a safer bet?

A little unknown fact most don't know is is Cus Damato gave him solid advice prior to fighting foreman and gave Ali more confidance to go hit foreman right away and whatever else he told him.
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-02-2016, 07:22 PM.

Comment

foreman, probably the most powerful heavyweight to date would throw when you threw, because his were harder. A ballsy move but he made it work. believe it or not he had a degree of slickness as well from dick saddler (he actually fights like a heavyweight version of sandy saddler) and it allowed him to wing boms while moving his head for defense. Ali was too fast for this to work though. and to smart.

Comment

Working...
                    X