No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire vs. Mares: Full Contract Details Are Revealed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
    Nonito tried to leave TR a while back but Bob stopped it. Nonito will be there stuck for a while. Sux for him.
    I'm pretty sure that Nonito also signed a contract extension with Top Rank after that whole fiasco when he was trying to jump to GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Schaefer is not playing around. This actually makes me like him a bit more, dude wants to get fights done
      I agree 100%

Comment

arum will simply offer donaire more now to fight rigo. he will not allow this fight to happen.

Comment

Arum should match what Nonito could have made here in his fight against Rigo, its only fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Donaire-Mares Contract
            which shall be held on a date no later than June 3.
            This looks like the biggest problem. Donaire already said he wasn't going to fight in June a couple weeks ago because his wife is going to give birth. And from what I read, that's when Scheafer had the date reserved.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              This looks like the biggest problem. Donaire already said he wasn't going to fight in June because his wife is going to give birth. And from what I read, that's when Scheafer had the date reserved.
              check the article on maxboxing. schaffer said april 13 is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                check the article on maxboxing. schaffer said april 13 is fine.
                Yeah, but that 3 mil offer won't be there on April 13. He was referring to being fine with HBO on that date, but HBO won't pay that much for it. It'll only work if it's on Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  This looks like the biggest problem. Donaire already said he wasn't going to fight in June a couple weeks ago because his wife is going to give birth. And from what I read, that's when Scheafer had the date reserved.
                  U do know what "no later than June 3rd" means rite? That definitely doesn't seem to be an issue unless u are grasping

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                    the only way arum is ever releasing his clutches from donaire is if he loses...

nonito has signed with gbp before but was threatened with a lawsuit which led to him signing an extension with tr
                    That's only because he tried to leave while he was still under contract when he tried to sign with GBP.

Guess we'll have to wait until his contract expires

Comment

I just skimed it but I saw a few major hang ups.

1. Donaire isn't allowed any sponsers, no banners in the ring or anything like that and who knows what kind of sponsers he has in the Philipines

2. Golden Boy will own all all of the rights to the fight, so if TR wanted to show it in a Donaire highlight clip in the future they'd have to pay GBP.

3. Golden Boy would basically have full and free access to all Donaire footage for free.

I know this doesn't seem like much but I doubt Donaire's sponsers will like this deal.

Comment

Working...
                      X