Comments Thread For: Emanuel Steward 1944-2012: A Legend Passes Away

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Emanuel

Comment

I didn't realise he was so unwell. Really terrible news.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        I had only become aware of his illness in the last couple of months so his passing seems fairly sudden to me. He came across as a very nice man.
        Stomach cancer took my best friend's dad away. It is very serious when it's there. Very sad to see a man slowly die and change to someone who is as far away as his real character was.

Emmanuel was such a happy man commentating, and could be extremely angry as a trainer in the corner, but he came across as a lovely man.

Comment

RIP manny steward

a real legend in the fight game. the boxing landscape definitely looks stranger without characters like bert sugar, dundee and manny.

Comment

Rest in Peace Emanuel and thank you for everything you have done for our beloved sport of boxing.

Condolences to the family and friends.

Comment

RIP steward....one of the true ATG trainers, his voice will be missed

Comment

Damn didn't expect this, R.I.P. Emmanuel Steward

Comment

Boxing is going to feel different without him, still can't believe it.

Comment

got a chance to talk to him at some of Andy Lee's local fights. Terrific man. RIP

Does anybody know what his last broadcast was?

Comment

sad news...

tommy hearns and lennox lewis are ATGs partly bcoz of him...

Comment

Working...
                      X