Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather will never have a GREAT win......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smh some people in this thread dont use common sense. Floyd didnt duck cotto or plaster boy. The only thing floyd is guilty of when it comes to that situation is he chased the money. He wanted the oscar fight for big money. Similar situation happened with another fighter not too long ago. Timothy bradley. People said he ducked khan. No he didnt. He chased the money. He made the right choice too, just like floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      Stop talking about who would be favoured against Floyd! There have been many overated boxers in the past even way before Floyd, and Floyd is the current one.

There are lots of dangerous fighters that FLoyd could fight but he dont. With Floyd its not a case of my next fight will be the most dangerous opponent in the world we all know that.

Sergio martinez would be one of the most dangerous fights for Floyd, but does FLoyd just say give me Sergio already, not tomorrow, i want him already? Whether Martinez would be favoured against Floyd isnt important, it would be recognized as a grreat win for Floyd just as would Pac.
      Khan would have been a very good win for Floyd as well, but Floyd waits so long people beat him to it. Just fight! If your not retired, fight, stop talking and debating and get on with it.
      You didn't answer the question because you can't come up with an answer that suits your agenda.

Sergio Martinez is at MW. So like I said, floyd has to fight 2 classes up for it to be "dangerous" enough for you. Does manny have to do the same? what about nonito or sergio or any other highly regarded fighter?

We get it, you want to see floyd lose. Since you are sure no one at ww can do it, you want him to fight the best MW in the world in the hopes he loses.

Wish you held every fighter to that standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
        People always say floyd has never had a career defining fight, like a leonard vs hearns or a ali vs foreman. Thats true to a degree but my question is how is he ever gonna have a really great win if he's the favorite from 140 to 154, maybe even 160 depending who it is.

The reason why ali beating foreman was so great among everything else, is the fact everyone thought he was gonna get killed. Leonard was the same, people thought hearns and hagler were gonna destroy him.

The problem floyd has is even if he fought chavez jr. assuming he wins, floyd would probally still be the betting favorite. Thats crazy! Please dont start the manny thing either, no boxing expert thinks manny will beat floyd. Only fans think this, i watch ellie sechbac ask every trainer, fighter and promoter that question and 95% of them always pick floyd.

So the question is under these circumstances do you think floyd will ever be credited with a GREAT win. Or will he have to wait 20 years for that recognition.

P.S. even if you think floyd ducked some good fights he was still the betting favorite in every "DUCK" so how great would a margo or williams win seem now given how their careers turned out(margo-plaster) (williams-1 punch K.O.,lara loss).

thoughts ?
        Floyd is a very smart fighter... he knows when is the best time to take a fight. For example, when floyd beat Hatton he was asked by Larry Merchant "are you interested in fighting Cotto a young undefeated lion?" Floyd instantly said "Im not calling out no welterweights.. Im retiring"... "boxing is not going to retire me, Ill retire from boxing 1st". He waited till the welterweight division cleaned itself out & came back... fighting Cotto 5 years later after being in alot of wars is an easy pick.
        Last edited by PiXelElite; 07-18-2012, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PiXelElite View Post
          Floyd is a very smart fighter... he knows when is the best time to take a fight. For example, when floyd beat Hatton he was asked by Larry Merchant "are you interested in fighting Cotto a young undefeated lion?" Floyd instantly said "Im not calling out no welterweights.. Im retiring"... "boxing is not going to retire me, Ill retire from boxing 1st". He waited till the welterweight division cleaned itself out & came back... fighting Cotto 5 years later after being in alot of wars is an easy pick.
          That was a dig at Top Rank. Don't you find it strange that Floyd is only accused of ducking Top Rank fighters? Was Cotto with Top Rank when he fought Floyd?

Comment

• He is a celebrated Olympian. And stockpiled, a great amount of "good" wins.

Love him or hate him. Floyd has earned enough to be induced into the HoF.

Outside of a Martinez or Manny encounter. He can retire happily, foundling the thought that for a decade, he dominated the sport of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              You didn't answer the question because you can't come up with an answer that suits your agenda.

Sergio Martinez is at MW. So like I said, floyd has to fight 2 classes up for it to be "dangerous" enough for you. Does manny have to do the same? what about nonito or sergio or any other highly regarded fighter?

We get it, you want to see floyd lose. Since you are sure no one at ww can do it, you want him to fight the best MW in the world in the hopes he loses.

Wish you held every fighter to that standard.
              I dont understand what your getting at, and what your point is! You want to know who is favoured to beat Floyd? You saying he dont have to fight cos he is favoured against people? Are you saying he cant have a great win as he is favoured, im not sure what you are getting at? JUst cos he is favoured against an opponent it can still be a great win.

Trinidad was favoured against BH, and if Trinidad beat BH it would be a great win for Trinidad. And also the very fact that Trinidad could be favoured against someone like BH goes to show being favourite dont mean much. So what if Floyd is favoured what is your point? Is your point Floyd is overated just like Trinidad was?

And people have been asking Pac to fight Sergio for ages so its clear Pac is held to a higher standard than Floyd.
              Last edited by hugh grant; 07-18-2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                That was a dig at Top Rank. Don't you find it strange that Floyd is only accused of ducking Top Rank fighters? Was Cotto with Top Rank when he fought Floyd?
                Yes.. Cotto was with Top Rank at that time... Floyd was brilliant from 140 down... his 147 run wasn't that great... fought Baldomir who is a nobody, fighting a small Marquez that was supposed to be at 144 & Floyd could not make the weight, came in 146, fighting a 40 year old Mosley... the only win I give him credit for at 147 is Ortiz.. ended up in a legal cheap shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  I dont understand what your getting at, and what your point is! You want to know who is favoured to beat Floyd? You saying he dont have to fight cos he is favoured against people? Are you saying he cant have a great win as he is favoured, im not sure what you are getting at? JUst cos he is favoured against an opponent it can still be a great win.

Trinidad was favoured against BH, and if Trinidad beat BH it would be a great win for Trinidad. And also the very fact that Trinidad could be favoured against someone like BH goes to show being favourite dont mean much. So what if Floyd is favoured what is your point? Is your point Floyd is overated just like Trinidad was?

And people have been asking Pac to fight Sergio for ages so its clear Pac is held to a higher standard than Floyd.
                  in post 107 you brought up ali not being favored against foreman, so I asked what fighter was floyd not the favorite to beat that he avoided? You haven't answered that yet.

My point is people like you will always minmize floyds wins because he is almost always wins with ease, even against great opponents. You asked for floyd to fight a dangerous fight, and hinted that dangerous is someone he wouldn't be the favorite against.

SO I'm simply trying to figure out who are the dangerous opponents that floyd hasn't fought. Hopefully, you hold all fighters to this standard.

Trinidad lost to a better fighter, he wasn't overrated. There aren't any better fighters than floyd at or near his weight right now.

Comment

Yes.. Cotto was with Top Rank at that time... Floyd was brilliant from 140 down... his 147 run wasn't that great... fought Baldomir who is a nobody, fighting a small Marquez that was supposed to be at 144 & Floyd could not make the weight, came in 146, fighting a 40 year old Mosley... the only win I give him credit for at 147 is Ortiz.. ended up in a legal cheap shot.
                    So it doesn't matter that mosley was still a top ww, just his age? Doesn't matter that zab was a former undisputed champ or that hatton was top 5 p4p.

I mean if you can discount wins against elite fighters so easy, whats the point of even fighting? DO you do this for eveyone, or just floyd?

Comment

So you don't give Floyd credit for shutting out Marquez even though Marquez unofficially beat Pacquiao?

40 yr old Mosley was #5 P4P and the welterweight king at the time, coming off the Margarito destruction.

Comment

Working...
                      X