Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emile Griffith seems to be making a Comeback !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emile Griffith seems to be making a Comeback !!!

Emile Griffith the former 6 time World Champion is doing a lot better, keep your prayers coming in.

I just received a call from Emile’s son Luis, who is pictued above with Emile, and he told me that he is talking and even joking with the nurses. This is wonderful news, as a few weeks ago, Emile just stared at you with no reaction. Luis also told me that his blood work is back to normal, as well as his liver, heart and kidneys.

Emile has been a longtime member of Ring 8 and the New Jersey Boxing Hall of Fame. He was Inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame, the World Boxing Hall of Fame, Ring Magazine Boxing Hall of Fame, as well as the New Jersey Boxing Hall of Fame. Not only did he box more Main Events at Madison Square Garden then any other boxer But he also boxed more Championship rounds then any boxer in the history of our sport.

We still must keep him in our prayers as now he has to build up his strength.

If you care to visit him or send a card, here’s where Emile is at:
    Nassau Extended Care Facility
    1 Greenwich St
    Hempstead, NY 11550
    Room 435A – West Wing

Also, if you want to help Emile out, with Hospital expenses etc., you can send your donation to the following address.

Luis R. Griffith c/o Emile Griffith
    150 Washington st. apt 6J
    Hempstead, N.Y. 11550

If you have any questions, please contact his son at:luis rodrigo

Thanks, Henry Hascup

I was just thinking about Emile Griffith today! Literally.

I thought about his current state and was momentarily saddened.

This is amazing news, Henry. I'm very happy to hear this.

Thank you for sharing this.
    Last edited by IronDanHamza; 06-13-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Thats great news Henry, thats put me in a good mood for the night! Thanks for the address i will send him a card tommorow and wish him well

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I was just thinking about Emile Griffith today! Literally.

I thought about his current state and was momentarily saddened.

This is amazing news, Henry. I'm very happy to hear this.

Thank you for sharing this.
        Same, I even uploaded one one of his fights on my YT channel today as well.

Yeah great news, happy he has recovered, will be sure to send something to the great man.
        Last edited by NChristo; 06-13-2011, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Thats good to hear!

Comment

Good news, thanks for posting!

Comment

Never under estimate the heart of a champion! Great news, thank you for sharing the news and the great pictures.

Comment

Emile Griffith is a great fighter and a great man, gentleman. Glad to hear he's doing better, hope it lasts. Here's to you Emile! May you live 100 years!

Comment

Working...
                X