Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't we have an objective way to meassure and compare fighters power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't we have an objective way to meassure and compare fighters power?

We have their weights, reach, height... but not an objective way to meassure their power.

I think they should meassure that with a machine. At least the top guys. Someone should bring those machines and meassure the strengh of each kind of punch.

Nowadays with super slow motion cameras, we could also meassure they speed as they hit, and their defense speed. What do you think?

This would bring more excitement to the sport.

BKB actually tried it in real time. It failed miserably.

Comment

Like this huh......................?

Comment

I usuall watch fights with one of these on...

Haven't seen a power level above 9 thousand yet

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
          BKB actually tried it in real time. It failed miserably.
          Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post

I never said on real time.

I know boxing fans have the lowest IQ of all sports fans but please at least try to understand what is being discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post

im dead bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post

come on...power...weakening....this is too much for me....for page one....friggin gems.....too funny man, I was think DBZ too before i saw your post and the other guys

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                We have their weights, reach, height... but not an objective way to meassure their power.

I think they should meassure that with a machine. At least the top guys. Someone should bring those machines and meassure the strengh of each kind of punch.

Nowadays with super slow motion cameras, we could also meassure they speed as they hit, and their defense speed. What do you think?

This would bring more excitement to the sport.
                power is literally one of the least important aspects of boxing.

Timing and accuracy is where its at....if you throw you best shot and its a millimeter off, or partially blocked, thats the difference between a ko or kd or nada

Power is overrated and you actually have to land for it to even matter. At the right time, posiion, technique, etc.

Hearns didnt become a puncher because he got super strong...as an am he was a pure boxer.....emmanuel steward taught him proper technique, balance, and placement of shots...he wasnt a born puncher, he learned how to.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  power is literally one of the least important aspects of boxing.

Timing and accuracy is where its at....if you throw you best shot and its a millimeter off, or partially blocked, thats the difference between a ko or kd or nada

Power is overrated and you actually have to land for it to even matter. At the right time, posiion, technique, etc.

Hearns didnt become a puncher because he got super strong...as an am he was a pure boxer.....emmanuel steward taught him proper technique, balance, and placement of shots...he wasnt a born puncher, he learned how to.
                  Ask Algieri or Malignaggi if power is not important.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    Ask Algieri or Malignaggi if power is not important.
                    if power is so important then guys like Malagnaggi, Algieri, Willie Pep, Manuel Ortiz, Mayweather post 140, Meldrick Taylor and so many others wouldnt have been successful and champions

I didnt say power isnt important, it just is overrated because you have to land right for it to actually change the outcome of a fight.

Most times an elite boxer beats an elite puncher because they didnt fine tune the nuances, techniques and other parts of their game.

You let ko's come to you and most times when you force them you get clipped.

Comment

Working...
                    X