Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You need to STOP with the "eye test" BS. You're doing fighters a disservice.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You need to STOP with the "eye test" BS. You're doing fighters a disservice.

Remember when Amir Khan passed everyone's "eye test"?

Then Prescott happened.

Remember when Michael Spinks passed everyone's "eye test"?

Then Tyson happened.

Remember when Naseem Hamed passed everyone's "eye test"?

Then American/Mexican fighters with a pulse happened.

Remember when Lucas Matthysse passed everyone's "eye test"?

Then Danny Garcia happened.

Remember when Jermell Charlo passed everyone "eye test"?

Then Tony Harrison happened.

Remember when Deontay Wilder passed everyone's "eye test"?

Then Tyson Fury happened.

Remember when Jeff 'Lights Out' Lacy passed everyone's "eye test"?

Then Joe Calslappy happened.

It's time to stop doing that. STOP. There's one measure that matters: "Did the guy beat NAMED, PPV drawing, Hall of Fame quality fighters CLEARLY, and how many of them?"

Lomachenko cannot say that about anyone he fought except Rigondeaux, two weight classes up. Even Loma himself doesn't rate the win.

Crawford can't say that about anyone he fought except Gamboa, even now, and that's a stretch.

Both those guys are in their 30's.

Canelo's early resume is padded by a lot of no-hopers, and I'm not even looking at that. I'm looking at what he did over the last decade. He's had 18 fights where the level of opposition he faced was not only superior to Loma and Crawford, they were superior to the opponents of those two by far. Canelo only ever lost to The Best to Ever do it, but even if you set that aside.

Let's ask ourselves. If Timothy Bradley came back and fought Loma at 140, do you seriously think Loma has a chance at beating him?

If Tim Bradley got over his "buddy" mantra and faced Crawford at 140, do you seriously think Crawford walks through him? I'm not sure he beats Crawford, but he would be made to look average by Tim, for one main reason: resume. Tim's resume EVEN NOW blows Crawford's out the water.

Resume. WHO DID YOU FIGHT, WHO DID YOU BEAT, and are they PPV caliber opposition? If you did lose, did you go down looking like a champion? Did you only ever lose to top tier, top flight? Did you beat future Hall of Famers?

I can say that about Tim Bradley.
    I can say that about Canelo Alvarez.
    I can say that about Jeff Horn, even.

I can't say that about Terence Crawford.
    I can't say that about Vasiliy Lomachenko.

I'd like to. I can't. And until I see those guys fight that caliber of talent, there's simply no way they are above Canelo Alvarez.

Fighters lose fights. Even great fighters lose. More breaking news at 11.

Comment

These guys just don't get it. I live off of what Roger mayweather says.

"Who has he beaten? And who has that guy beaten? "

That's how you know if a muthafcka is good.

Comment

Lmao you contradict yourself. You rate jeff horn, but not crawford? You say his best win is a shot Gamboa. Did you forget crawford made easy work of horn?

Comment

Amir Khan never passed anyone's "eye test".

Comment

"Eye test" can be a factor in judging a fighter's worth.

It just shouldn't be the only factor.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
              Lmao you contradict yourself. You rate jeff horn, but not crawford? You say his best win is a shot Gamboa. Did you forget crawford made easy work of horn?
              Triad theory doesn't work, according to NSB.

Jeff 'The Hornet' Horn holds a UNANIMOUS decision victory over Manny Pacquiao.

DO you know who else holds a UNANIMOUS decision victory over Manny Pacquiao?

Erik Morales. Hall of Famer.
              Floyd Mayweather. Hall of Famer.

Meanwhile Jeff Horn beat the guy (Ali Funeka) that beat the guy (Zahir Raheem) that beat that same Erik Morales fresh off Morales beating Manny Pacquiao UNANIMOUS.

Meanwhile Jeff Horn beat Randall Bailey, the same Randall Bailey once considered the most dangerous puncher in the sport next to George Foreman.

Meanwhile Jeff Horn retired another Hall of Famer in Anthony Mundine.

Again, it's WHO he beat. Crawford has NO win that compares EXCEPT Horn - and that win has an asterisk because the fight got delayed over a suspicious hand injury by Crawford, Horn wasn't ever hurt and he was stopped on his feet.

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
              Amir Khan never passed anyone's "eye test".
              Back in the day before Prescott, everyone was talking about this exciting, amazing Olympic fighter with blistering speed. This guy's going to give Manny Pacquiao a run for his money!! ...based only on how he looked in the ring. The Prescott KO was an absolute shock. Go back to the news articles bro, I remember it clear as day.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                "Eye test" can be a factor in judging a fighter's worth.

It just shouldn't be the only factor.
                That's fair.

Consider though: I don't think Darnell Boone EVER was on any "eye test" - yet he stopped Adonis Stevenson and gave Kov and Ward fits. That's why I don't give credibility to the "eye test" BS, it works in reverse too.

Think about it. In terms of quality of opposition and RISKS TAKEN, Darnell MF'n Boone blows Crawford and Loma TOGETHER out of the water. IF you go by wins, Boone's ONE Stevenson win is far superior to both Loma and Crawford's resumes. Nobody would say Boone is better than Loma or Crawford, but my point is, it's more that their resumes are weak as hell and that's why it's impossible to ethically consider them #1 anything at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Let's ask ourselves. If Timothy Bradley came back and fought Loma at 140, do you seriously think Loma has a chance at beating him?

If Tim Bradley got over his "buddy" mantra and faced Crawford at 140, do you seriously think Crawford walks through him? I'm not sure he beats Crawford, but he would be made to look average by Tim, for one main reason: resume. Tim's resume EVEN NOW blows Crawford's out the water.
                  Tf does Timothy Bradley have to do with all this?

Comment

LOL, got real creative this week in your weekly thread on why Jeff Horn should be rated no1 at 147. Great work

Comment

Working...
                    X