No announcement yet.

Archie Moore a poor man's Young Stribiling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
    - -The tragic Strib was a daredevil knocked out forever in a motorcycle accident. Thankfully he was solvent enough to provide for his widow and child(ren).

I'm still round and ain't never been KOed, nor leaky as is yer rusty bucket.
    Did his wife every find out about you? Or any of the other lasses for that matter? Come on, old girl, give us all the sordid details.

-

Got anything of substance that relates to boxing?
    I thought not.
    If irony killed...

Please, tell me what you think Moore achieved that out-shines Stribling.

Moore has a better story and is pegged to a more recent and familiar place in history. That's why his career gets more traffic. Stribling has been lost to time, and over-shadowed by the greater legends of the era. Russel Crowe never played him in a blockbuster hit, but he was a good bit better than Braddock.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
      Says the guy who can't suck the peanut butter off them fast enough. It's great, you don't even care if I've shaved them or not. You've convinced me Karma's a real thing: clearly you were a vacuum cleaner in a past life.

Now, can you tell me when Moore beat anyone as good as Loughran? What black fighter can you name on Moore's ledger as good as Loughran?

Can you actually discuss Boxing, or are you here simply to prove you're meaningless when you're not on your knees?

If my dog had balls...oh never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        What would you say is the evidence?
        Exactly. The prosecution has to PUT ON the case. This guy is a compete idiot though.

136 KO's will be fun to discuss.

Comment

Did his wife every find out about you? Or any of the other lasses for that matter? Come on, old girl, give us all the sordid details.

If irony killed...

Please, tell me what you think Moore achieved that out-shines Stribling.

Moore has a better story and is pegged to a more recent and familiar place in history. That's why his career gets more traffic. Stribling has been lost to time, and over-shadowed by the greater legends of the era. Russel Crowe never played him in a blockbuster hit, but he was a good bit better than Braddock.
          - -Rusty Crowe never played a fighter in his besotted life.

You should know that. He plays Hoolywood schlop that the school girls moan over, sorta like you with Strib.

Make a movie about Strib. He's 2nd or 3rd on the alltime Ko list.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
            Exactly. The prosecution has to PUT ON the case. This guy is a compete idiot though.

136 KO's will be fun to discuss.
            So you are saying Archie was "harder"?

Which one had more girth? Who wins out for throbbing and explosiveness?

Comment

- -Rusty Crowe never played a fighter in his besotted life.

You should know that. He plays Hoolywood schlop that the school girls moan over, sorta like you with Strib.

Make a movie about Strib. He's 2nd or 3rd on the alltime Ko list.
              Oh come on, old girl. Even you have heard of "Cinderella Man", you're not that much of a relic.

Comment

Oh come on, old girl. Even you have heard of "Cinderella Man", you're not that much of a relic.
                In this day and age, Cinderella Man could be seen as derogatory term by someone transitioning.

Comment

No love for the Strib.A lot of fighters like him are lost to time.

Comment

So you are saying Archie was "harder"?

Which one had more girth? Who wins out for throbbing and explosiveness?
                    Lmao. Looking pretty bad for you buddy.

Comment

- -You coming out as Cinderfella, eh?

Rusty Crowe never played a fighter because he's a soft drunken addled lad unable fight his way outta wet paper bag.

He plays a stock character drawn from decades of Hollywood schlop that you lap up for breakfast with your frosted flakes.

Last fight movie I watched was Hard Times with Charles Bronson who'd gladly whip Rusty Crowe 6 days a week and thrice on Sundays.

Comment

Working...
                      X